camel trail family cottage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

big fella

Hi we are looking to go to Cornwall this year for our family holiday. We are planning to cycle the camel trail and I was looking at Trevorrick Farm to stay
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_...Trevorrick_Farm-Padstow_Cornwall_England.html
However it appears to be not very cycle friendly from a review. The owner actually replied and concurs the comments but tries to water the bad review down. For me it seems spot on and I have made my mind up not to stay there.
I have marked the review as helpful
Can anyone recommend a suitable cycle and family friendly cottage?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I'd not treat reviews as irrefutable evidence of shortcomings. Sometimes the problem is of the reviewer's making. I regularly book a bunk barn in the Yorkshire Dales for drunken weekends with ten colleagues. At £10 per head we are happy with the basic nature of the accommodation. Reading the negative reviews that the place had been given made for entertaining reading and revealed more about the unrealistic expectations of the reviewers than the quality of the accommodation and the personality traits of the owners of the accommodation.

OP
OP
B

big fella

I do understand the review process so don't worry. If you have ever left a negative review you will understand that its not that easy as the owners try to refute it. With this place the owner suggests that our cycle friend didn't stay there but the review has photos and the owner responds to the valid comments. This review and another negative one have made several reviews so I give them credibility compared to all the recent glowing reviews from reviewers that have never reviewed before which I suspect to be the owner trying to get the ratings back up

Brains

Legendary Member
You could stay here
http://www.hengarmanor.co.uk/
The far end of the Camel trail is about 2 miles away (down hill)
It is possible to do the entire camel trail as a circuit from here, as you do the trail end to end, ferry over from Padstow to Rock and then wingle back via the lanes (I have the flattest route written out somewhere if you want it)
Hengar has a load of modern wooden 2 story chalets, plus a load of older concrete chalets
Swimming pool, tennis etc all on site
Very good pub in St Tudy which is walking distance
Surfing beach at Tregardock and Polzeath is 5 miles
Bucket and spade brigade beach at Daymer Bay a bit further
Picture poscard villages of Port Issac, Port Quin and Boscastle are all within 20 mins
South coast is 30 mins away in the car

Top Bottom