Camera Recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks I will still be around.

Better get some kip,im up at five am.:tired:

UPDATE:

Well after checking the MUVI last night before I went to kip I found the on/off switch set to on,so I switched it off.

When I got up I had found the battery had fully charged.:biggrin:

I think that's what lack of sleep has done to me all weekend due to being disturbed by my neighbours.I even slept badly this morning.:ohmy:

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
BenM said:
My Muvi doesn't cut out after 30 mins - it just starts another file - and the VOX switch is always off. I wonder if there are different versions of firmware for them - of course what would be lovely is user downloadable firmware but that is just a dream.

B.

There's a bunch of water rocket avacados working on a possible user firmware. It does seem that the device checks the SD card for data files so it's likely with the right formatting we'd be able to drop a new firmware on it.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
HaloJ said:
There's a bunch of water rocket avacados working on a possible user firmware. It does seem that the device checks the SD card for data files so it's likely with the right formatting we'd be able to drop a new firmware on it.

I have absolutely no idea what this message means. ;)

BenM

Veteran
[quote name='swee'pea99']I have absolutely no idea what this message means. :smile:[/QUOTE]

Nor do I at first look however...

Water rocket - The sort of rocket that uses compressed air squirting water out of the back (like real rockets only much less flame involved)
avocados - well I know what the avacdo pear is however I assume it is used to mean enthusiasts. They may well be interested in using a Muvi/MD80 to record the flights of their rockets.

The rest of it? just means they are hacking the camera boot process and have discovered that it appears to check for data on the SD card whist it switches on which may be a way to get "user domain" software loaded instead of/as well as the camera's native software.

/removes geek goggles :thumbsup:

B.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
LOL my apologies and I've no idea how the word avacados was typed rather than advocate. Whilst looking for information on external battery devices I stumbled upon another forum who where using the cameras attached to rockets.

I'll tone down the geek posts :smile:

garrilla

HaloJ said:
LOL my apologies and I've no idea how the word avacados was typed rather than advocate. Whilst looking for information on external battery devices I stumbled upon another forum who where using the cameras attached to rockets.

I'll tone down the geek posts :smile:

Ha ha. I assumed that avacado was geek-slang for aficinado! :smile:

Top Bottom