Camera Recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garrilla

I was hopng this thread was the answer to my prayers, but all I found was that I must pray for longer :biggrin:

chap

Veteran
swindoom said:
Do not buy a Veho Muvi, overpriced, slow frame rate, low resolution, short battery life, poor quality waterproof case. I was very disappointed with the Muvi when I compared it to my cheap MD80 clone, which was a third of the price.

Do you have a link to your product?

Disapointed....on the trip, out it cut after 30 mins on the way back it stopped after 15 mins.Yet to find out why.

Shame really it was a real classic Saturday Night commute back with all the idiots and very few cyclists...

That'll learn me...If I want decent then dont buy cheap crap.

hackbike 666 said:
Disapointed....on the trip, out it cut after 30 mins on the way back it stopped after 15 mins.Yet to find out why.

Shame really it was a real classic Saturday Night commute back with all the idiots and very few cyclists...

That'll learn me...If I want decent then dont buy cheap crap.

Do you have the VOX setting on? If it cant 'hear' anything it'll stop.

semislickstick said:
Do you have the VOX setting on? If it cant 'hear' anything it'll stop.

Thanks...I was wondering about that...Would have been better to read the manual fully.

Also it says cuts off after 30 mins recording or 800mb (doh)

Apologies to MUVI.

Possibly though the 19 min thingy was due to a flat battery?

BenM

Veteran
My Muvi doesn't cut out after 30 mins - it just starts another file - and the VOX switch is always off. I wonder if there are different versions of firmware for them - of course what would be lovely is user downloadable firmware but that is just a dream.

B.

BenM said:
My Muvi doesn't cut out after 30 mins - it just starts another file - and the VOX switch is always off. I wonder if there are different versions of firmware for them - of course what would be lovely is user downloadable firmware but that is just a dream.

B.

Hmmmm yes.....well for some reason it didn't do anymore taping after 30 mins but I see what you are saying.

The actual wording is...."During long recording sessions the muvi will automatically save a file of 800mb every 30 minutes of recording."

BenM

Veteran
hackbike 666 said:
The actual wording is...."During long recording sessions the muvi will automatically save a file of 800mb every 30 minutes of recording."
hmm in my experience the 800Mb is an approximate value :ohmy:

but it does record sequential files

I think it's faulty...the red charging light is supposed to go out after two hours charge and it's been on about six and it's still on.I think it's knackered.:ohmy:

Bit of a bummer as im flying six million miles tommorow.:biggrin:

Top Bottom