Camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Hicky

Hicky

Guru
Update, it’s been so bad at times I’ve taken to pimping up my surly with gravelkings and using the canal. I just have to avoid killer Canada geese and humans with earphones. 🧏‍♂️

Schneil

Veteran
I have a drift ghost x. It's ok, but one of the rubber flaps came off at a year old. Plus there's no low battery warning :sad:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
My problem with cameras is finding one that is not too expensive and doesn;t mount on the helmet

The problem with the helmet is that I ride on a lot of paths and often feel the top of my helmet brushing passing branches and canal bridges
This even happens on some roads
Worst case was when a part of a branch managed to slip through one of the holes in the helmet and as I rode on it janked my head violently back
Luckily no car was passing me at that exact moment and then the angles changed and the branch slipped out of the helmet
How I stayed on my bike is a mystery

hence my aversion to something sticking up a few inches (:eek:) further

But I presume one on the handlebars for suffer from vibration?

I have two AKASO EK7000, one mounted on handlebars, one under seat, facing to the rear. For approximately £50, I think they are pretty good. Depends what you want really.

vickster

Legendary Member
Anyone wear a dummy camera just so that cars slow down and pass wider?

No, I’ve considered just the pass pixi on my rack bag, or jersey as a deterrent, as their website points out, far more visible than a camera on seat post or handlebars and no risk unlike helmet mounted.
https://passpixi.com/
I don’t see any point in a dummy camera, cameras are for evidence if needed, they won’t be noticed by your average oblivious driver imo and thus a dummy one serves no purpose

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Oblivious driver you mean, right?

Yep! Long week, fixed

Magpies

My problem with cameras is finding one that is not too expensive and doesn;t mount on the helmet

I've been looking for years - and tried several including the most-advertised products without success - before I recently found this (relatively) inexpensive rear-facing light + camera a few months ago .....

<https://www.tooocycling.store/> (also available from several other sellers)
Reviewed here: <https://www.t3.com/reviews/tooo-cycling-dvr80-review>

My experience= Footage is clear in daylight and at dusk - I haven't tried at night - even though there is no video stabilization. Construction seems robust, IPX5 water resistant, easy to mount, 8+ hr battery life, 2 year warranty. >1000 min recording with a 64Gb microSD card, automatically overwrites earliest segments when card is full.

One glitch is that there is no dedicated app, so you have to edit and upload a .txt file to change the date/time, or reset video frame rate and other options. The instructions are fine and I had no problem doing it, but some may find this control mode bothersome.

Top Bottom