Campag cassette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
I am currently running a Campy9speed triple 52 42 32,The cassets largest cog is 26 9 speed..I would like to change the cassette to lower the gearing,perhaps a 30 or 32 largest cog..The largest I can find is a 29.
Dos any one know if such a campy cassette exists and if so who the supplier is.
Any information appreciated

Sharky

Guru
I think GB Cycles are campag merchants. None on their website, but may be able to advise.

OP
OP
pawl

pawl

Legendary Member
I think GB Cycles are campag merchants. None on their website, but may be able to advise.

Thanks for that.Had a word with my LBS ,they said Campy spares have become increasingly difficult to obtain.
You don’t see many of the major brands equipped with Campy spares
SJS do an attachment that fits in the Gear cable at the mech which alters the pull ratio allowing the use of Shimano cassette to be used with Campy gear changer and vice versa.Miight give it a try.

iluvmybike

Über Member
Thanks for that.Had a word with my LBS ,they said Campy spares have become increasingly difficult to obtain.
SJS do an attachment that fits in the Gear cable at the mech which alters the pull ratio allowing the use of Shimano cassette to be used with Campy gear changer and vice versa.Miight give it a try.
But he would then also need a new wheel as the Campagnolo freehub splines are different

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

Utter cobblers -

https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/campagnolo-9-spd-veloce-centaur-cassette/#pid=5763

OP
OP
pawl

pawl

Legendary Member
No it’s not called cobblers it’s a shifter mate. It works apparently by wlnding the rear mech cable round a pulley which is then inserted into the rea mech at the barrel adjuster.The reviews look positive.

However it looks as though you have solved my problem Ribblle is abought the only website I hadn’t looked at.
Thanks for that.

OP
OP
pawl

pawl

Legendary Member
I put a 13-28 cassette on and changed the little ring to a 28 and later to a 26. That worked with a bit of tweaking and gave me a very low bottom gear.[/QUOTE

Thanks for that Colin A small 28 ring sounds good,do you think it would be a direct changer for 32..Where did you get the 28 from.

Velochris

Über Member
Not sure about Campagnolo bit may need to check your rear mech can accomdated such a jump (ie is it s short, medium or long cage.

Ajax Bay

Guru
For the OP to achieve a lower ratio lowest gear I think he/she might be best to use a 13-28 cassette (as linked to by @Smokin Joe ) and swap out the 32t chainring for a smaller one - say a 30t (NB BCD is 74mm) or less. There's a link to one here (26/28/30) but as @Velochris says, the OP will be challenging the RD's capacity. Currently his set up requires a capacity of 34 (I guess) ("Campy9speed triple 52 42 32,The cassets largest cog is 26") and a 52,42,30 paired with a 13-28 requires 37. Set the chain up large to large plus a link, and accept that if you go 30 chainring to 15t sprocket (or less) your RD will soon let you know that you've gone small to small as the cage can't wrap that much chain.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thanks for that Colin A small 28 ring sounds good,do you think it would be a direct changer for 32..Where did you get the 28 from.
The 28 was a TA ring. The rear mech has a medium length cage and it worked well with the 28 tooth chainring setup. (The smaller 26 tooth ring gave a little chain sag on the 26/13 gear but I never used that combination so it wasn't a problem.) Wiggle do them for £22.99.

winjim

Smash the cistern
As a rule, Campagnolo cassettes only go up to 29 tooth. They have recently started making 11sp cassettes which go up to 32 tooth but they're only compatible with the new Potenza groupset. 9sp compatible cassettes with larger sprockets are available from other manufacturers but they are expensive and technically outside the spec of the rear mech.

OP
OP
pawl

pawl

Legendary Member
The 28 was a TA ring. The rear mech has a medium length cage and it worked well with the 28 tooth chainring setup. (The smaller 26 tooth ring gave a little chain sag on the 26/13 gear but I never used that combination so it wasn't a problem.) Wiggle do them for £22.99.

Thanks for that Colin.Now have several options to lower my gearing.
Looks as though I will eventually change my group sets toShimano.

Top Bottom