Campag QS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy1

Guru
Hi all
As anyone any experiences of using Campags new QS system with triple chainsets? is the lack of trim a problem?or if the cable tension is adjusted correctly it works fine ?all comments appreciated,cheers.

andy1 said:
Hi all
As anyone any experiences of using Campags new QS system with triple chainsets? is the lack of trim a problem?or if the cable tension is adjusted correctly it works fine ?all comments appreciated,cheers.

Before long I've got to change mine andy over to QS, as the current one on the bike is protesting too much. Am going to ask my friendly LBS man will I notice the lack of trim on the triple as the QS double I've got on one of the other bikes is performing faultlessly.

nickwill

The reduction in trim on my new Centaur QS shifter made using a triple very frustrating.
When my crank developed a crack, and needed replacing, I opted for a compact.
If I had been determined to stay with a triple, I would have changed the Centaur QS shifters for Chorus, as Chorus and Centaur still have the ability to trim both ways.
IMHO Campag are really wanting to phase out triples, and so are not terribly bothered about offering the claimed compatibilty with Centaur and below shifters.

Top Bottom