Campag shifter snapped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephenb

Guru
changing up, and the one that controls the front mech sheared right off, just under the hood :biggrin:. So now have lost the use of the big chain ring! only 18 months old. has this happened to anyone else? It's record BTW, so probably damned ££££££ to get fixed :angry:

domtyler

Über Member
Should've gone to SpecSavers Shimano. :angry:

yenrod

Carbon Fibre v Metal

Metal wins !!!!

Sorry Steve - I had a whack up not so long back and it really costs to fix these ie buy new.

Your better buying new as I found that shops charge 2/3rds of the price for a pair in regards to a single shifter compared that of a pair, so buy a pair and have one spare !

OP
OP
stephenb

stephenb

Guru
yenrod said:
Carbon Fibre v Metal

Metal wins !!!!

Sorry Steve - I had a whack up not so long back and it really costs to fix these ie buy new.

Your better buying new as I found that shops charge 2/3rds of the price for a pair in regards to a single shifter compared that of a pair, so buy a pair and have one spare !
cheers yenners, sounds like a smart move

Rob S

stephenb said:
cheers yenners, sounds like a smart move

If it snapped under finger pressure, and is 18 months old, then surely making use of Campagnolo's 3 year warranty would be an even smarter move.

ejls2

From what I've heard it's actually the plastic shifter paddles which last the longest! I've never had any fail but my 2002 xenons are still going strong!

Hope you manage to get it sorted under warranty!

E

Joe

Über Member
I snapped the inner leaver on my left hand Mirage shifter (plastic) a couple of months back. Emailed Parker, sent it back, they sent it off to Campag and it arrived back in perfect working order a couple of weeks after I sent it.
Not ideal in that a) It broke in the first place and :tongue: I had to get some new shifters whilst waiting (any excuse;)) and had the hassle of switching them etc. But good service from Campag.

Top Bottom