Campag Vento/Khamsin wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

redjedi said:
What frame are you getting? or are you literally starting from the ground up :laugh:

I'm looking at Ribble Alu TT frame. Seems good build for the price. Upgrades would be Veloce, carbon brake levers, Aksiums, Profile T2 wing bar, prorace 3 race tyres...plus a few other 'changes' rather than 'upgrades'....

Brings it in under the 1000 limit :smile:

redjedi

Über Member
Just had a quick look at Pedal on.co.uk, where I got mine from and saw this next to the 08 spokes.

Note: These spokes will only fit 08 Aksiums onwards. 08 Aksiums differ from 07 Aksiums by having different length spokes on each side of the rear wheel. (2007 Aksiums have the same length spokes on both sides of the rear wheel). 07 spokes also have J bend front spokes, 08 have straight pull (nail head) front spokes.
So if you're correct that means
2007 = J bend
2008 = Straight pull
2009 = J bend
2010 = Straight

??
Is this a Mavic ploy to stop you getting spares for your wheels hence making you get new wheels?

redjedi

Über Member
Noodley said:
I'm looking at Ribble Alu TT frame. Seems good build for the price. Upgrades would be Veloce, carbon brake levers, Aksiums, Profile T2 wing bar, prorace 3 race tyres...plus a few other 'changes' rather than 'upgrades'....

Brings it in under the 1000 limit :smile:

Nice!! :laugh:

Noodley said:
All colour co-ordinated obviously, and in my club colours :laugh:

What colours?

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

redjedi said:
Is this a Mavic ploy to stop you getting spares for your wheels hence making you get new wheels?

Possibly or probably....

I'd have liked to be able to get Xero wheels but Ribble do not do them....I might go for Aksiums and then swap my road bike Xeros onto the TT bike.

Or just get another set of Xeros without Mrs Noodley finding out :smile:

Top Bottom