Campagnolo Brake Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
So. Campag Veloce brakes. No little QR lever on the caliper a la Shimano and Tectro to allow easy removal of the wheel with the tyre inflated.

Are you really just supposed to bash the wheel back into place between the brake blocks?

gbs

Guru
Don't know about veloce but other campag sets have a button incorprated in the hood.

Like others have said and you've probably worked out, its the little pin at the top of the brake lever (the pics record but its the same for veloce); pull the brake slightly and push it to the other side.

6a00e398aeb836000400e398c4637f0002-pi

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Chrisc said:
I never knew what that button was for. My calipers have a cam so now I have new buttons to play with!

See, now I'm glad I asked such a stupid question! :smile:

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
When I bought my campag equipped bike 3 weeks ago, for the three weeks I didn't even notice these buttons :smile:

MartinC

Über Member
No-one's mentioned it yet so I will. The main advantages of the the Campag quick release at the brake lever are that it doesn't stop the brake working and you can operate it from on the bike. For the professional rider it means that when they've stopped for a puncture they've already undone it ready for the mechanic to change the wheel and they can restart before it's done up again. For you and me it means that forgetting to do it up after a wheel change isn't a disaster.

Will1985

Über Member
GregCollins said:
do remind me, with this huge advantage, when was the last time a Campag equipped bike won the TdeF?
Why does it always have to be the Tour? Campagnolo equipped bikes took 1-2-3 at the Giro this year FWIW :smile:

This mechanical superiority hardly matters - professional mechanics are unlikely to get it wrong and even if they did it's unlikely to mean the difference between 1st and 2nd over a stage race.

Top Bottom