Campagnolo Centaur triple

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
^_^ the someone else made me do it excuse.....your honour I had nothing to do with it, I was just minding my own business:whistle:

Ah so you did go for that one, nice paint job. Personally I'd go silver components and standard looking 32h silver rims, but the frame would look good with black bits too if you were that way inclined, or even a mix may look good too. The colour scheme looks like you could do all sorts of bar tape and saddle colours and also tyres, but personally I think these always detract from the frame, let the frame do the talking I say, match the bar tape colour with the saddle and stick with black or white is my choice, if maybe a bit dull for some.

But its all about what you want, that's the great thing about doing it yourself, its not an off the shelf, make it personal and it soon becomes a one of a kind ride. Have fun, I'm sure you'll enjoy the whole process:okay:.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Very nice @woodbutcher apart from the over enthusiastic spray application. I'm assuming that Eddy is Mercx? Is it Columbus Aele tubing?

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
^_^ the someone else made me do it excuse.....your honour I had nothing to do with it, I was just minding my own business:whistle:

Ah so you did go for that one, nice paint job. Personally I'd go silver components and standard looking 32h silver rims, but the frame would look good with black bits too if you were that way inclined, or even a mix may look good too. The colour scheme looks like you could do all sorts of bar tape and saddle colours and also tyres, but personally I think these always detract from the frame, let the frame do the talking I say, match the bar tape colour with the saddle and stick with black or white is my choice, if maybe a bit dull for some.

But its all about what you want, that's the great thing about doing it yourself, its not an off the shelf, make it personal and it soon becomes a one of a kind ride. Have fun, I'm sure you'll enjoy the whole process:okay:.
Yes l had a deal with the vendor who knocked a fair bit off his asking price....happy about that. I agree on the silver component look thats why l went for the Campy centaur triple to begin the process with. I know the colour scheme is a bit odd but l kind of like it and l don't want to over do things so will probably stick to silver and stay away from black but hey who knows what madness might occur the further along l get^_^

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Yes Eddy is Eddy Merckx ....l know the spray paint is a bit OTT but l kind of hope it will grow on me, a bit like graffiti can do:whistle: The tubing by the way is Columbus Cromo which l know little enough about !
Just goes to show l don't pay enough attention...not Cromo it is Cromor (is there a difference apart from the second R) ?

mikeymustard

Veteran
.... l don't want to over do things so will probably stick to silver and stay away from black but hey who knows what madness might occur the further along l get^_^
In general terms I agree but I really like the black wheels on my Yello Peril and kinda wish I'd fitted a black crankset on it too. Let's face it, that frame is plenty colourful enough to cope with a bit of black :smile:

mikeymustard

Veteran
You have a point a bit of black would set off the tasteful splashes of colour a treat :whistle:
Tasteful [cough] lol :rolleyes:

Top Bottom