Campagnolo cranks - all compatible?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I have an old frame with a Campagnolo-fit BB, and a Campagnolo RH chainset - but no LH crank (I managed to cross-thread a pedal - damn!). Will any Campagnolo crank fit the BB, or is there more than one type?

Saddle bum

Über Member
Too many variables to answer the question with certainty. You need to describe the model of your RH crank and possibly the year.

MartinC

Über Member
The only real variable (ignoring the length, how it looks, etc.) is whether it's an ISO square taper or an Ultra Torque crank. Any LH crank that fits your bracket will do.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Thanks for replies. Definitely square taper. I had to google to find out what Ultra Torque means, but it was new in 2006, and this BB predates that by at least a decade, so I guess any LH crank is good to go.

Will1985

Über Member
Not sure about the old stuff, but newer square taper chainsets did have a variable.

Record and Chorus doubles used a 102mm bottom bracket while all the others lower down had 111mm.

MartinC

Über Member
Any LH crank with an ISO taper (Campag, some Stronglight, Miche) will fit perfectly. A JIS taper may or may not fit properly - the standards are slightly different.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Just got mine! Don't suppose this'll stay at that price for long, but thnk positive! (There's others around too....good luck yerself!)

Top Bottom