Campagnolo Zonda Clincher Wheelset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrWill

Back in stock at Wiggle at last, just bought a pair. . Swapped them for Fulcrum 5's, hope they are worth it.

£7.71 using Topcashbback too.

Last edited:

BigAl68

Über Member
any more feedback on these wheels?
Looking to upgrade the ones that come on my Giant Defy 3 composite

I have had them on my bike now for about four weeks and they are great. I have done about 1000km and they are true as the day I got them. They spin up quickly and are great when pushing the bike hard and certainly make a difference when climbing which has never been my favourite thing to do.

bpsmith

Veteran
Same here, except mine are now over 2 months old. Superb wheels compared to stock on my Defy 1. I am awaiting my new steed and will most definitely be putting the Zonda's on the new one and the Fulcrum 7's onto the Defy. I thnk they're that good in fairness.

2old2care

Über Member
I am now the proud owner of a set of these bad boys! So let the silly questions begin. I have used the spacer provided and fitted my 9 speed Shimano cassette on the 11 speed hub my gears will not now rail across to the small cog, is it just a case of adjusting my limit screws or have i made a balls up? Do I need to use the spacer provided at all? Heeeeelp im gagging to get out and spin 'em.

Cheers gang
Am I reading this right, a Shimano cassette on a Campag freehub!

Wow I didn't know that campag now did a Shimano fitment for their wheels.:hyper:

bpsmith

Veteran
Am I reading this right, a Shimano cassette on a Campag freehub!

Wow I didn't know that campag now did a Shimano fitment for their wheels.:hyper:

Campag do 2 versions of this wheelset. A Campag freehub and a Shimano/SRAM freehub. So you're technically not reading it right as it's not a Shimano cassette on a Campag freehub at all.

MrWill

Liking the Zondas so far. They make a really weird whooshing noise at high speed :smile:
Best wheels I've had. Gone from R501, Fulcrum 5 and now these. Absolutely the best by far.
Find myself not wanting to use the brakes so I don't wear them down ha...

bpsmith

Veteran
That'll be the aero spokes. I often think that there's a car behind waiting to pass and it's the spokes in the wind.

BigAl68

Über Member
Liking the Zondas so far. They make a really weird whooshing noise at high speed :smile:
Best wheels I've had. Gone from R501, Fulcrum 5 and now these. Absolutely the best by far.
Find myself not wanting to use the brakes so I don't wear them down ha...

It's a cool sound

petergc

Hi guys.

While this subject is still warm id like to upgrade my wheel set but first.

I have a Trek Madone 2.1 with the Stock wheels,
Alloy hubs w/Bontrager Approved alloy rims
Tyres
Bontrager R1, 700x23c.

I want to upgrade my wheels and I've looked at the Zondas. I can't find any info on the stock wheels anywhere.
I really only want to compare so I'd like to see specs before I buy.
Can anyone help me out here please :smile:

Top Bottom