Campagnolo Zonda Clincher Wheelset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Just ordered mine. Didn't want to await refund and then lose out on Wiggle too. Only 2 sets left in Shimano fitment now...

Good to know you got sorted via wiggle. I don't own any Zonda's or have any plans to get any ( just reading thread with interest).

EDIT. Wiggle have a great returns policy which is for 12 months if returned in unused condition.

Hopefully you will get your refund without issue & I will learn from your unfortunate Amazon experience.

FWIW I have 2 sets of wheels in Shimano/Sram fitment, Easton EA70 Aero's at around 1730g for winter use & American Classic Aero 3's (in white) at around 1500g for summer.
The Zondas appear to be around 1550g so nearly 150g lighter than my Eastons & cheaper too.

When I get my ass into gear for my C2W +1 bike I will put the American Classics on that & maybe sell the supplied Mavic Aksiums or keep em as new to put back on should I eventually sell one.

Good luck again with Amazon.

bpsmith

Veteran
My Amazon saga is not over yet. Courier can only collect and won't allow me to take to depot. Arranged for 4pm collection today...and they turned up at 2:30pm. Have asked for 2:30pm onwards on Thursday now, so fingers crossed. It's laughable really.

You have some very nice wheels there! Fair play. I am really looking forward to hopefully getting mine all running by the weekend and can't wait to experience the difference.

bpsmith

Veteran
A couple of weeks I think. They only had 2 sets left after I ordered, but since shown 10+. There might be a discount over Fathers Day I am guessing, but wanted them before then. :smile:

Would be interesting to see if they refund me some, if the above turns out to be the case. ;)

Anyway, UKMail arrived this afternoon. Lucky I got home earlier than expected. He dropped off the Wiggle parcel and took the damaged ones away. Very fortunate timing and that both used the same courier!

Can't wait to get them fitted now...

bpsmith

Veteran
For those who just bought and fitted, I have a question about fitting the cassette. The wheels have an 11 speed hub and come with a spacer for 9 or 10 speed cassettes. I have a new 105 11-28 cassette to go on and it also comes with a spacer. Should I fit both spacers on the assumption that the cassette assumes that it is being fitted to a 10 speed hub and the spacer with the wheels turns the 11 speed hub to a 10 speed?

What did you guys do?

bpsmith

Veteran
All set up and test short ride proved fun. Gears not quite there, but bike feels so much smoother, like it been dipped in gold lube! :smile:

Talking of which, did you guys grease your cassette, skewers, etc when fitting?

I didn't have any grease to hand, so fitted it all without and wondering if should take apart to grease?

Zonda wheels...well worth the wait!!!

Jaye

Veteran
I am now the proud owner of a set of these bad boys! So let the silly questions begin. I have used the spacer provided and fitted my 9 speed Shimano cassette on the 11 speed hub my gears will not now rail across to the small cog, is it just a case of adjusting my limit screws or have i made a balls up? Do I need to use the spacer provided at all? Heeeeelp im gagging to get out and spin 'em.

Cheers gang

bpsmith

Veteran
I asked the question over spacers above and did a bit of online searching. My logic is that the Campagnolo spacer is needed for fitting a 9 or 10 speed cassette in addition to any spacer that comes with the cassette itself and is stated as required on the instructions. Fitted and working fine on mine and then read a random article by Muc-Off in a mag yesterday that confirmed this to be correct.

You are correct in that you need to adjust the limit screws accordingly. There's loads of articles you could follow online. Park Tools' site is very useful.

Jaye

Veteran
I asked the question over spacers above and did a bit of online searching. My logic is that the Campagnolo spacer is needed for fitting a 9 or 10 speed cassette in addition to any spacer that comes with the cassette itself and is stated as required on the instructions.

Problem solved, the mechanical numpty that I am, I had failed to seat the smallest cog properly which was causing the grief. And yes it needed the spacer supplied.

As for the wheels I've been for a 12 mile spin on them and I could definitely tell the difference, they are a lot smoother than I thought they would be, gather pace seriously quickly on descents and although I didn't push too hard uphill my legs (and lungs) were not burning as much as usual on the 16%er I often climb.

So far so very pleased.

Kins

Über Member
I was going to buy these until I saw its difficult to find replacement rims and UK Campag charge a whopping £420 to replace two rims using same spokes. I know there is probably cheaper ways round this but even so, I'll just buy an easier set I can replace the rims myself.

BigAl68

Über Member
I have had a set since Tuesday and can't fault them on the past three morning runs into work and home, 17 miles each way. Off out tomorrow for 60+km to see how much difference they make to a longer ride. Look great on my PX

MrWill

Waiting for them to come back in stock. Do Wiggle tend to put prices up when items come back into stock?

BigAl68

Über Member
Waiting for them to come back in stock. Do Wiggle tend to put prices up when items come back into stock?
I watched them for a while and they never seem to go over 250 pounds. They were around 220 earlier in the year so fingers crossed they are cheaper

Top Bottom