Campagnolo Zonda Clincher Wheelset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
I guess it's the only way to find out. Looking forward to mine coming now. Probably next week now I would imagine. :sad:

bpsmith

Veteran
Any further update on your wheels? Got any rides in?

Mine were attempted to be delivered today, so collecting tomorrow.

Just going to order the bits now. Can I assume that the standard length valves will suffice if I order the Conty Race 28's for example? Or are there preferred tubes over these?

Best place to order for multiple tube purchases?

frogdr1ver

Yeah went out on them today, did 43Km in them and they are excellent, no complaints at all. Very quick to spin up compared to the stock wheels i had. Im impressed with the GP4000's as well. I don't think it made for a harsher ride going from 25's to 23's and i had them up to around 110psi front and back. I put normal inner tubes in them (nothing fancy) and they fitted fine.

bpsmith

Veteran
Excellent. Looking forward to mine now!

Couldn't decide on GP4000S or SII model, so started a new thread. Unanimous that the S were best and saves me a tenner, so decision made. Will order later.

We're the tyres difficult to fit or not? I have never changed a road bike tyre btw.

frogdr1ver

No they were easy to fit, they were the first Road Tyre id changed as well. They did seem a fair bit tigter to go on than i was expecting but no great shakes with some decent tyre levers. I was a bit "overly careful" with the new wheels though i think.They just seem really fragile compared to the MTB wheels im used to although im sure they are not.

Cyclone1

I went for the Conti Race 28 Supersonic inner tubes with my Zondas and fitted Schwalbe Ultremo ZX tyres. The supersonics knock another 100g of rotating mass off the wheels for £10....no brainer.

The supersonics come in at approx 50g v std tubes at 130g and std Race 28s at 99g. When looking at wheels you have to spend another £100 plus to go 100g lighter!!

bpsmith

Veteran
Considered those, but want to use the wheels every day so grabbed a bulk pack of 10 Race 28's from Ribble for £28. Good every day tube I am told.

The point about the extra 98g is very good though.

bpsmith

Veteran
Thoroughly disappointed!!!

Collected parcel from depot. Packing was odd at top as was corrugated and taped over. Assumed that it was just the way they were shipped. Got home and it appears that some greasy sticky liquid has spilled into the box and they had attempted to cover it.

Both wheels have marks around the rim and there are no instructions, spacer or skewers in the box! Gutted!

Can those who also ordered via Amazon please confirm that theirs were spotless, with no marks and included the above items? If so, what exactly came in your box aside from the wheels?

I have emailed to ask for a replacement but assume that this may not happen as I had the last set?

Do you reckon that the braking surface will clean up once used on the bike? It's not dinged or dented, but more stained it appears.

Cheers guys. :sad:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 157

bpsmith

Veteran
Difficult to see, but disappointing up close.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 131

frogdr1ver

Wow really sorry to hear about that! Mine were mint, the box was mint as well. The wheels were wrapped in thin foam and had the skewers and all the instructions, spoke nipple magnet, spacer for the cassette and all the certification saying who they has been built by etc. have you heard back from the seller yet?

bpsmith

Veteran
Mine were far from mint, both box and rims. The marks are more like etchings. Unsure of what they will look like on bike, but should I even need to be considering this?

Not heard back, but think its a business so will assume they will respond in the morning. Fingers crossed that they have more.

If not, I don't know what to do. If a discount is given then may consider keeping, but don't know if it's worth it or not. Totally deflated at present!

SteveBM

[QUOTE="bpsmith, post: 3115008, member: 32090"
Unsure of what they will look like on bike, but should I even need to be considering this?
[/QUOTE]

FWIW, send them back and get a refund or replacement. It's a lot of money to have to compromise

bpsmith

Veteran
That's my feeling tbh. Just found them in stock for £20 more on Wiggle, so that's my fallback.

Ordered on credit card to cover me in case not as expected, so should be ok. Will see what they say tomorrow.

SteveBM

That's my feeling tbh. Just found them in stock for £20 more on Wiggle, so that's my fallback.

Ordered on credit card to cover me in case not as expected, so should be ok. Will see what they say tomorrow.

Ordered a pair for my son from Wiggle. Arrived today. Packaged really well and look stunning

For £20 more you get perfection!

Top Bottom