Campagnolo Zonda Clincher Wheelset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
My Shimano hubs seem to run silently, whereas my Campag ones are very loud when free-wheeling. Gives you an incentive to keep pedalling at the end of long rides when the noise is starting to get annoying.

Nathan AV

After testing out the Zondas on multiple rides now I can say im over the moon with them. I'm running 25mm tyres with them and as a package they feel great. Not noticed any flex when out of the saddle and they spin up very well.
I'm hoping its not placebo but my averages have picked up and even bagged myself a few Koms so ill take that any day :-) I run a Shimano freehub and when freewheeling its not too noisy but make sure the cassettes on properly and the skewers are tight as my first venture out felt as though the rear was rattling. a few checks and now all is fine (I never did figure out exactly what it was causing the rattle).

bpsmith

Veteran
What price did you guys pay for these? Just to get an idea on what to spend.

How would they compare to my stock set on the 2014 Defy 1?

frogdr1ver

First post on these forums and ive been googling this wheelset and they had gone out of stock everywhere, managed to find them from an Amazon seller so ordered them for £229 + £5.95 postage. They have been dispatched today and hopefully i'll have them over the weekend. There was three sets when i ordered and there is one left as i type. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Campagnolo-...qid=1401301462&sr=8-1&keywords=zonda+clincher

bpsmith

Veteran
First post on these forums and ive been googling this wheelset and they had gone out of stock everywhere, managed to find them from an Amazon seller so ordered them for £229 + £5.95 postage. They have been dispatched today and hopefully i'll have them over the weekend. There was three sets when i ordered and there is one left as i type. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Campagnolo-Zonda-Clincher-Wheelset-Shimano/dp/B00BUL2L78/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401301462&sr=8-1&keywords=zonda clincher

Exactly where I was looking to buy from. Price cannot be beaten anywhere, which made me dubious. Decided that no more procrastination is required and bought the last pair, not to miss out! Used my Credit Card, to carry the can, should there is any issue with them. Hopefully the cash put aside does not burn a hole in the meantime. lol.

Let me know when yours arrive...

Thinking of grabbing a pair of GP4000S' to go on mine, along with a new 11-28 cassette. Can then keep my standard Giant wheels for the Winter. Having never bought wheels on their own, aside from tubes, is there anything else that I need to get in order to fit them?

frogdr1ver

Great minds and all that, mine are due delivery today so we'll see what turns up. Ive got some shiny GP4000S' sitting in the garage waiting patiently to be fitted as well! Just going to swap my cassette over but have been looking at upgrading that slightly but im happy with its 11-28 ratio at the moment so will come back to that at a later date.

frogdr1ver

quick update, wheels arrived the courier used was ipost parcels if you want to track your order. Wheels were boxed as expected with all the campy labesl on saying who had made and checked them etc. The washer and skewers were all in the box as well. Swapped over cassettes and fitted new tyres etc and thoroughly impressed. I didnt think there would be such a difference between the sets of wheels but its very noticable and my freehub is a lot quieter now. Only problem is i cant get out to ride until monday now!!

bpsmith

Veteran
I am also pretty much settled on the GP4000S and grabbing a new 11-28 cassette too. Going to keep the stock wheels intact for Winter use. That's the plan, at least.

Did you go for 23's or 25's? Wired or Folding? Not sure what to get yet.

Good to hear that the wheels are as expected. How long did they take to come, from ordering to arrival?

frogdr1ver

Ive gone for the 23's on the GP's and the folding ones. I ordered the wheels on Tuesday, they were dispatched yesterday and arrived today. So brilliant service.

bpsmith

Veteran
I am leaning towards the 25's based on popular choice on Google. Never had 23's and only done 500 miles on my stock 25's.

Top Bottom