Campagnolo Zonda Clincher Wheelset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Indeed. I am totally with you. Will see what they say about replacement or return them. Good to know that the Wiggle kit comes as expected!

SteveBM

Good luck with getting it sorted

Not my intention to sound smug in my earlier post. All the best in getting this sorted. If the size of the grin on my son's face is anything to go by, you're gonna love the wheels once it's all resolved

bpsmith

Veteran
Didn't think that for a moment tbh. Hope my reply didn't suggest that either. :smile:

Just a bit deflated. Kind of thought this could happen from Amazon Seller. Should stick to proper shops and will do from here on.

Rushed home to swap CBR for the car, to go back out to collect and then ended up a waste if time. Lol.

Last edited:

bpsmith

Veteran
Reply from seller received. Away until Friday, so will check stock and advise then. Will have to give the chance first, before considering an order from Wiggle.

bpsmith

Veteran
So, Friday morning arrives and goes, and still no reply as promised. Phoned them to check and Ashley Fielding is away again and apparently nobody else can deal with this issue or arrange a replacement. He is back Monday now. What a shambles!

Return now requested via Amazon and they have 3 business days to respond. Should have done this on Wednesday instead of showing good faith!

Sooooo glad that I used my credit card. Just had a funny feeling that it wouldn't pan out and now should have recourse from them if no joy next week...

frogdr1ver

Still cant believe how chalk and cheese our orders have been, i couldnt be happier with mine and yours is a complete shambles. For what its worth i would have gone to amazon straight away and let them deal with it.

bpsmith

Veteran
Indeed. But you didn't need any customer service. All they did was ship a box. Shipping company was the problem with me, due to the damage, but Cobalt Innovations have been crap after that.

When buying through Amazon, all they do is pass your returns request straight to the seller, so same thing happens. The only difference is that you can then lodge a complaint after 3 working days. Only then does Amazon get involved.

Now that my tyres, tubes and cassette have arrived, I am so tempted to just stick them on. Lol.

How are you going? Any noticeable difference? Do you use Strava? PR's all round since?

frogdr1ver

Aah i didnt realise that was all amazon did, i thought they would maybe take charge of it a bit as there customer service is normally really good. Hopefully you'll get it sorted soon. Unfortunately i wont be on a bike for another ten days or so, i work offshore so im away at the moment. When i get back intend on putting some mileage on the wheels, ive only been into road cycling a short while so im aiming for the imperial ton as my goal. Not really used strava tend to stick with Garmin.

bpsmith

Veteran
Will see tomorrow.

The ton is a good challenge. I am new too, and only done 400 so far this year. 51 miles being the longest. It's a time issue for me rather than the distance.

I use Garmin also, but upload to Strava too. It can get a bit addictive mind you.

bpsmith

Veteran
Finally spoken to the guy for sorting mine out. It appears that they just sell whatever items that they can buy elsewhere and turn a profit. They are being collected tomorrow, hopefully, but uncertain whether they have stock to replace them with.

So, on the assumption that I just get a refund, should I stick with the Zonda's or has anyone seen something better/different at this price range? If sticking as is, has anyone seen them for cheaper than the £252 that Wiggle are selling for?

Cyclone1

Good news and Zondas all the way. Nothing else at that price compares. If like me it's all about weight, then get some lightweight tyres and Conti Supersonic tubes and they will be lighter than a Ksyrium Elite wheel set for nearly half the price....

Big Nick

Just use Wiggle, arsing around with Amazon for cycle gear is largely a faff-on in my experience

As a side note I have around 200 miles on my Zondas now and they are brilliant wheels at their price point

bpsmith

Veteran
Good to hear guys. That's decided then. Just awaiting their £5 discount code, unless anyone knows a better one?

bpsmith

Veteran
Just ordered mine. Didn't want to await refund and then lose out on Wiggle too. Only 2 sets left in Shimano fitment now...

Top Bottom