camping thieves!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I recently read a couple of CGOAB reports of trips in Canada and the blokes were both very wary and nervous of bear attacks, possibly quite rightly so. They both saw bears too!
It put me off a bit, I must say.

andym

Über Member
Yes it does seem like in certain parts of America you need to be very careful about not having anything in your tent that smells of food - or is even perfumed. And food should be in bear-proof containers hung from trees.

From what I've read the general wisdom is that bears are equally keen to avoid encounters with humans, so the trick is to avoid situations where you might come upon them by surprise (eg ring a bell before going round blind corners).

Crankarm

Guru
andym said:
Yes it does seem like in certain parts of America you need to be very careful about not having anything in your tent that smells of food - or is even perfumed. And food should be in bear-proof containers hung from trees.

From what I've read the general wisdom is that bears are equally keen to avoid encounters with humans, so the trick is to avoid situations where you might come upon them by surprise (eg ring a bell before going round blind corners).[/QUOTE]

Great post. I now have an image of Yogi and Booboo ambling along the forest trail to greet you ;).

Top Bottom