Can anyone help me identify these handlebars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
I have a Koga Miyata World Traveller with straight bars and bar ends but I have suffered some discomfort on longer tours. I have just spotted these bars on a blog
2014-05-16_10.21.49.jpg

I have tried googling lots of expressions and cannot find anything similar

Any ideas?

Jay

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Thanks, but the ones you get when you google butterfly bars are set back substantially

This sort of thing is typical.
butterflybars.jpg

The main hand grips are set back about 5-6cm from where they would be in the earlier pic I posted. I like a long reach and certainly do not want it reduced further

Thanks, but the ones you get when you google butterfly bars are set back substantially

This sort of thing is typical.
butterflybars.jpg

The main hand grips are set back about 5-6cm from where they would be in the earlier pic I posted. I like a long reach and certainly do not want it reduced further

You can just flip them over!

There are a whole range of trekking and butterfly bars, but I think the variation you are looking for has a straight bar, and extended curves, so not a true "butterfly", more like "Bullhorn" MTB bars

WIthout detailed pictures, the closes I can find is the Humpbert Sport, these are a handlebar:

showimage

With various bar ends

showimage

This design is easier for fitting brakes, gears etc which can have problems negotiating the curves

End product (this shows the adjustable bar) is like this:

365715584_578.jpg

... and as an added bonus, for trains and hotels:

365715583_207.jpg

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Thanks all. The ones Cunobelin shows are the ones that SJS link to when you look at the instructions (i.e. a very different bar from the main photo on the SJS site)

Will be in touch with Ali re her pair

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects

Top Bottom