Can anyone identify this cassette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul Bromley

Hi

I have a set of Fulcrum Racing 5's circa 2007-8 vintage with a cassette I can't identify

The bike has all shimano shifters and derailleurs. However the cassette is removed using a campagnolo lockring tool.

Clearly due to compatibility issues the cassette can't be campagnolo, so what is it?

The image shows
Top left - part of the cassette to identify
Top right Campag Veloce cassette
Bottom Shimano XT cassette

All 3 are different. The cassette to identify has very similar characteristics to a Campagnolo cassette eg tooth pattern and individual spacers

The other image shows the freehub to help identify the cassette if possible

A quick search of the net did show up an Ambrosio cassette that has shimano spline spaced for campag gears but nothing for the opposite way around

Help much apprciated

Attachments

• IMG_6077.JPG
    IMG_6077.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_6081.JPG
    IMG_6081.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 103
D

Deleted member 23692

Going by the freehub, it's a for a Shimano HG-10.... but Google comes up blank for that

https://www.bikeman.com/CC-HU6091.html

OP
OP
P

Paul Bromley

Thanks for the steer Ffoeg. The url below shows a similar freehub made by Diverse for my wheels 2007-8 Racing 5 evolution. Unfortunately still now clue as to what cassette was supplied. Wiggle haven't got back to me but I'm not holding my breathe

alternatively does anyone know a contact email for tech support from Fulcrum. Their website isn't too much help

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/...lo-hg-freedrive-8-9-10-speed-37717/wg_id-8257

D

Deleted member 23692

See my last post above yours - you were probably typing as I was :smile:

OP
OP
P

Paul Bromley

Ah I think the penny is dropping.
Are Shimano MTB and road bike cassette different splines?

If so that explains it. I wanted a 32T gear, for the hills you understand so I bought a Shimano XT cassette to try and it didn't fit

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Ah I think the penny is dropping.
Are Shimano MTB and road bike cassette different splines?

If so that explains it. I wanted a 32T gear, for the hills you understand so I bought a Shimano XT cassette to try and it didn't fit
Quite a bit of Dura-Ace kit was completely different to the rest of their range and isn't compatible, they are with the later kit now but a lot of the 'older' kit was Dura-Ace specific.

EDIT - Nowt stopping you swapping the freehub though. :becool:

OP
OP
P

Paul Bromley

Thanks, swapping the freehub was my back up plan

What's confusing me is the campagnolo lockring and the campagnolo style spacing on the cassette. The cassette has no manufacturers marking so I doubt it is a Dura Ace , although I have Dura Ace components on the bike

Top Bottom