Can anyone reccommend a budget computer that won't break?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I have 2 cateye enduro 8 computer, one is on my MTB & ther other is on my Tourer never had any problems used in rain and snow for a couple of years now. Can be had for around £15 - £20 online.

phil_hg_uk

I think so, also whats the point of a wireless one they cost more and some people have remarked that they have had problems with them losing connection.

But having said that I am sure there a plenty of people who are happy with them.

I just dont see the point in paying extra.

peanut

I'd second the wired computer.

I tried a wireless and as soon as it got within 20 feet of my home Wi-Fi it went crazy . Better quality computers might be better sheilded but I prefer the reliabilty of a wired

phil_hg_uk

I am sure it will be just as durable as a wired one, but if you get a problem with the wireless connection during a ride it is useless.

Why risk it and why spend the extra, also you will have an extra battery to replace as the wireless sensor will also have a battery in it plus if you leave your bike anywhere the wireless sensor is something else for someone to nick.

But having said that it is just my opinion other people will like them.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
The older cheap analogy wireless computers do suffer from interference, the newer digital wireless ones i.e. these DW ones aren't prone to such problems. If you are just looking for a reliable wired computer try this one, £14 isn't going to break the bank...

johnsie

Just sent my Cateye Velo 8 back to Wiggle - the Ctrl-Alt-Del - sorry reset button has disappeared inside the beast - very poor quality.

Luckily I've found my old Strada, which until being "lost" was very reliable.

Top Bottom