Can anyone recommend a decent cycle.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markharry66

Über Member
Can anyone recommend a decent cycle app other than strava.
Seem to be having issues with android version never had this problem with i-phone.
Only seems to record half the journey or go mad.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I use Sportstracker and convert it to Strava and Ritmo on the laptop later.
I do have a Windows phone though so couldn't use Strava if I wanted to :whistle:

KneesUp

Guru
GPS Logger from emacberry worked well on my old Blackberry. I've not installed it on my Android phone to be honest, but I believe it's in the store.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Can anyone recommend a decent cycle app other than strava.
Seem to be having issues with android version never had this problem with i-phone.
Only seems to record half the journey or go mad.
My Android also went a bit mad with it when it upgraded the version- I now have to do all my rides in airplane mode and it doesn't miss a beat, which is bliss, as no one can get in touch! ^_^

rugby bloke

Veteran
I started off with MapmyRide - does pretty much the same as Strave, although only used it an an Iphone.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Osmand~ and Rmaps are the most reliable loggers I've tried. Runner up has some nice features like readouts but often breaks if you open a map or other app while recording.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Ride with GPS www.ridewithgps.com is what I started out with

RWGPS do have an app for IOS and Android, but I've never used it so I can't comment. I have used a Windows Phone app that interfaces with RWGPS (Cycle Tracks GPS) and that never let me down, for short rides when I wasn't using my Garmin.

As a website for keeping your ride log RWGPS is everything that I need/want, but if you're more into networking with other riders and doing segments and stuff then Strava may be more suitable. RWGPS does have segments if you want to track your own progress up your favourite hill.

Top Bottom