Can anyone recommend some 700x32c tan wall tyres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John_S

Über Member
Hi All,

The stock tyres, Continental Sport Contact tyres (700x32c), that came with my bike, a 2014 Genesis Day One Alfine 8, are now worn out and need replacing because the tread is pretty bare and the casing is splitting.

For no other reason than I like the look of them I quite fancy a set of tan wall tyres.

So far I think that the front runners are the wired versions of the Panaracer Pasela ProTite tyres:-

https://www.panaracer.com/lineup/urban_touring.html

Other tyres out there that I've spotted are the Clement Strada LGG Road but I think that these are folding tyres only and I'd rather have wired.

http://clementcycling.com/strada-lgg-road

There's also the Challenge Strada Bianca Pro but again I think that they're folding only and they're also only available in 700x30 or 36c not 32c plus they're more expensive than the Panaracer tyres.

I just wondered if anyone has any suggestions of tyres to look at?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

John

U

User169

Hi All,

There's also the Challenge Strada Bianca Pro but again I think that they're folding only and they're also only available in 700x30 or 36c not 32c plus they're more expensive than the Panaracer tyres.

John

I love these - mainly because they look great.

They may well come up closer to 32 than 30. I haven't measured them, but other Challenge tires I've had measured bigger than stated. One downside is that the Pro tires are swines to fit the first time you use them (afterwards they stretch a bit).

OP
OP
J

John_S

Über Member
Hi DP,

Thanks for your message below.

Your feedback is much appreciated and especially the heads up that they are a pain to fit. Just at the time of ordering my new tyres my son had a puncture for the first time on his bike and his tyres were an absolute nightmare to both remover and re-fit. Therefore at the time of ordering my new tyres I was in no mood for anything that is difficult to get on or off the rim.

As a result I decided to give the Panaracer Pasela ProTite tyres a try.

Thanks,

John

Adam4868

Guru
I've had Clement Strada lgg 25 on a bike for a year or so and been great,in all weathers.They do come up big,even 25 are tight clearance on my bike.

OP
OP
J

John_S

Über Member
Hi BillyS79,

In respect of your question about why I wanted to buy wired tyres instead of folding it's basically just me being a luddite and sticking to what I know.

I've been cycling for about 30 years now and if you ignore one of the first bikes that I remember from my childhood which had solid tyres all of my bikes have always had wired beaded tyres. Therefore it's just what I know and what I'm used to removing and refitting.

My preference for wired tyres isn't meant to be a recommendation at all for anyone else to follow because I've never used any other type so I can't speak about the pros & cons of all of the different types but I'm sure there are loads of people who would be able to help you with advice on this.

Good luck to you with finding the tyres that you want.

John

Top Bottom