Can i reheat HEATED ready meals ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Ive eaten reheated rice many times without ill affect, i have a veg'rice stir fry in the fridge now which will be munched later :okay:

Here's hoping your good luck continues.

Can reheating rice cause food poisoning? - NHS (www.nhs.uk)

Chief Broom

Veteran

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Rice can be potentially hazardous, but not if you cool it quickly after cooking and eat it within about a day or so, fully reheated. I've been eating leftover rice for 30 years, I always cook way too much as I'm a bit of a rice monster. And you actually need day-old rice to make really good fried rice.

Leaving it at room temperature for a long time after cooking is what can make it dangerous.

BUT I am no wiser as there are so many different opinions :wacko:
How true. Most articles on re-heating are like that which leads to confusion, misinterpretation. etc.

Here is Mosley's article on re-heating left-overs.

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35234184

So it is not cut and dry or that a long held myth can now be dismissed. Unfortunately some people's take away from reading such articles is that re-heating thoroughly fixes everything.

gbb

Legendary Member
Update.
The curry was excellent and I managed to eat most of it.
What was left was not worth saving tbh.
BUT I am no wiser as there are so many different opinions :wacko:
Probably because, probably, you'll come to no harm...probably.:whistle:

And there's the problem. You'd likely get away with it 99% of the time but for some people, that risk is either too much, there's a chance circumstances may actually produce a bacteria bloom, for some, the cost of such meals are so low anyway its not worth it....etc etc etc. Its risk aversion, some of us aren't particually risk averse.:cry:
As eluded up post, I was a kid in the 60s and survived all sorts through childhood now seen as almost suicidal...but personally, I couldn't be bothered to re nuke a cheap meal....not for the risk, rather the tiny cost in reality

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I'd spend the £4 on a digital thermometer. Other than toxic rice, if you get the internal temperature high enough, you'll kill harmful bacteria.

Top Bottom