Can Lance,

Can Lance Armstrong win the 'tour for an 8th time ?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StHuck

Veteran
Just to add - only recently began to follow cycle racing and the thought of following a sport dominated by a talented but drearily ruthless individual sounds dull, dull, dull. So, Lance returning makes me want to look away until he is gone again....sorry.

mondobongo

Über Member
Don't look away, watch he will be shredded at some point in the race.

Sloggi

I admire Lance for what he's done and his immense courage in overcoming serious illness.

However, at his peak, rightly or wrongly he rode during very dark days for cycling. This year's Tour (2008) saw a sea-change in the world's attitude towards cycling. With this in mind, I'd rather we left the past where it belongs - in the past.

Answering the original question, for cycling's sake I hope not.

kyuss

Veteran
I think he'll be top 10, if he trains well enough his talent will see to that, but without the complete and utter dedication of a team like he had with Discovery I doubt he'll do it. It won't be like the old days either where fear and respect meant few were willing to take him on, and beating him will become a red rag to a bull, with far more willing to try and tear him a new a**e.

kyuss said:
I think he'll be top 10, if he trains well enough his talent will see to that, but without the complete and utter dedication of a team like he had with Discovery I doubt he'll do it. It won't be like the old days either where fear and respect meant few were willing to take him on, and beating him will become a red rag to a bull, with far more willing to try and tear him a new a**e.
Sounds about right. The hard thing to figure out is...will teams plan their strategy around What Will Lance Do? If so, will that help or hinder him? And if teams leave him out of their strategy completely, will that help or hinder him? Strikes me that in his previous Tours (the last three at least) he was greatly helped by knowing that the other teams were following his moves and planning their strategies accordingly.

Top Bottom