Can Lance,

Can Lance Armstrong win the 'tour for an 8th time ?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingdomlad

Can Lance

Its goin to be tough, especially if Contador moves teams. But it should be one Great Race

walker

I very much doubt it, I think its all a tactic, Lance has been renown for them, and everyone will attack him and he'll only be a domestique

kennykool

Think you're right Tete...at first I was really excited about this news but now it just seems like he is launching a publicty train that will end in a Cancer conference in Paris after the Tour.

Although in saying that I don't think anyone can take part in the Tour if they are not going to give 100%

I take my hat off to Lance tho and i for one will be in paris next year to watch him come up the Champs Elysee

JohnG

If Lance sets his mind on winning, he'll do it. His involvement in the Tour is going to be a huge boost for cycling. I'll be there in Paris to cheer him in past the finish line.

yello

cadseen said:
I woudnt rule him out from winning..

Not one to sit on the fence are you! :biggrin:

Personally, I can't see it. I don't know LA's agenda but I don't think it's about winning. He's known for commitment to preparation, that won't be there this time. He's being shoe horned into a team that he's not worked with (and who knows how they'll respond!), starting later in his prep than he has before when age and years off the bike suggest it should be earlier... nah, all things considered, he'll be going well to finish.

The bloke's too smart and calculating to realistically think he can win (sure, he'll give it a shot but...). This about something else, maybe it is Livestrong.

Kovu

Über Member
He'll win it, the guy seems to be someone who wouldn't try ought unless he knew the odds on winning.

mondobongo

Über Member
He is not in the race yet. Also he will not have his boys around him can't see Hincapie leaving Columbia to go to Astana, Contador and Levi could well be off elsewhere.

Noodley

If he has found a new way of "preparing" then he will have a chance. There must be a new way....or he would not have come back.

mondobongo

Über Member
The big question is of these in Team Doping Monitors is why?

There is extensive drug testing taking place and the Blood Passport why do you need to conduct more tests.

Unless of course you are monitoring your doping.

Tetedelacourse

mondobongo said:
The big question is of these in Team Doping Monitors is why?

There is extensive drug testing taking place and the Blood Passport why do you need to conduct more tests.

Unless of course you are monitoring your doping.

er, 1. to be seen to be actively doing something to stamp out the cheats and 2. to provide further evidence against doping, since the gazillion negative results are not enough to convince the likes of you (nor I for that matter) that he didn't cheat.

Top Bottom