Can Safety Helmets really help save your life

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
There is a search facility on the top row, type in helmets into the search and spend some time reading the comments. There are cogent arguments for and against.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
gaz said:
8 *now turn your head 90 degrees*

how the hell does that help, now I'm just looking to my right..:laugh:

tilt man tilt!!

dondare

Über Member
It is a well known fact that cycling is a healthy exercise that can protect you from heart attacks.
Unless someone starts a debate on helmets, traffic lights or bike lanes.

al78

Guru
If you are talking about cherry picking an individual case study, then yes, I'm sure you can find an example where a helmet may have saved someones life.

If you are talking about taking large scale population data into account, then no, there is no evidence that on average, helmets make any significant difference to cyclist fatalities (look at the net effect of any country that has introduced mandatory helmet laws, for example.)

Norm

I am confused. The OP was talking about "safety helmets" yet everyone else is talking about bike helmets. :wacko:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
marko1975 said:
I wonder if they can acutally help to save your life, what are the good points and bad:laugh:

Just ignore the clever comments from the usual old farts above. Click the Search thingy and look for "helmet". Make up your own mind.

I don't care... but good luck anyway:biggrin:

Top Bottom