Can someone help me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Back to the video, when being tailgated what should you do? Speed up, slow down, look back a lot to make sure you can see what he is doing, ignore him? Any advice?
Pull over when safe and allow driver to pass.

apollo179

We deal with many things that are - simply put - a waste of our time. I wouldn't class Matthews job as this if it was reported to me. I'd much prefer to deal with him than try to explain the concept of 'lawful ejection' to an abusive, drunken yob without a makr on him claiming assault agains nightclub staff, or have to deal with a false report from a heavy drug user that they've had 300 quid stolen and need a crime number to get a crisis loan - when their benefits don't even stretch to this.

Matthews replies indicate that he was threatened by the mans behaviour. If you wish to report it mate, do so with a clear conscience.

Yes i see that it is certainly more valid than some other things you have to deal with and the guy pulling over and approaching matt is a bit extreme . Maybe the wvm would benefit from a the police having a word with him.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
All sorted! A nice police officer came around just now and I showed her the video and explained what happened. She said that there was no need to the driver to stop and get so irate.
I told her that I didnt want to go down the prosecution route because it wasnt worth it, but at least have a word with him about being so agressive. She said she would and I gave a good description of him. The police officer will ring me back when she has had a word.

All's well, ends well.

apollo179

All sorted! A nice police officer came around just now and I showed her the video and explained what happened. She said that there was no need to the driver to stop and get so irate.
I told her that I didnt want to go down the prosecution route because it wasnt worth it, but at least have a word with him about being so agressive. She said she would and I gave a good description of him. The police officer will ring me back when she has had a word.

All's well, ends well.

Interested to hear what the wpc has to report after speaking to our wvm.

Cyclox

Sounds like he knows you......the reference he makes to 'doing it to you if you were on your bike.' Or did I hear that wrong? Anyway, good luck with your complaint whoever you decide to send it to. Me? I'd send it to both; the Police (a day ahead) of the Company!

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Sounds like he knows you......the reference he makes to 'doing it to you if you were on your bike.' Or did I hear that wrong? Anyway, good luck with your complaint whoever you decide to send it to. Me? I'd send it to both; the Police (a day ahead) of the Company!

I dont know him but he might have seen me around the area before. I cannot remember seeing him.

I am not going to bother sending it to the company because they dont have an email adress and if I ring them up, I will probably get an ear full.

Top Bottom