Can someone help me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
"Cyclists with cameras go out looking for trouble"
*yawn* same rubbish different day.

That wasnt my point Gaz, my point was specific to this particular helmet cam cyclist!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
[QUOTE 1541812"]
Honestly, I think that some camera wearers do become more aggressive when they're wearing them. That doesn't mean that the others need to get defensive.
[/quote]

Do you know what they are like when they are not on the bike with a camera?

In some situations it is hard to control the adrenaline which is pumping through you after a large vehicle has nearly knocked you off your bicycle.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I think you can get a reasonably good idea of peoples intentions/mentality in wearing a helmet camera based on the frequency and the nature of the video's they post.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
[QUOTE 1541815"]
I've got a camera myself and I've experienced certain urges, so obviously if I've experienced it then so have others. It's one of the reasons I don't bother with it any more.
[/quote]
So you went out looking for trouble?

400bhp

Guru
It's pointing at the right side of my handlebars capturing the view of things I cycle past, I produced a 15 minute video, containing 30 minutes video from part of my commute, added a Dvorak sound track and Bob's your aunties husband. Not uploaded it yet as YouTube stated it would take 90 minutes, so will do it later.

Probably of no interest to anyone apart from me.

So it has nothing to do with your encounters with other road users?

400bhp

Guru
That wasnt my point Gaz, my point was specific to this particular helmet cam cyclist!

I'm with Rob on this.

BSRU

A Human Being
Here's your early text, responding to a direct question.
No, I've made a few of these type of video's in the past, thought is was about time for a new one.

what is your reasoning for attaching the camera then?

I attached the camera purely for artistic reasons.

How do you explain the above?

My previous efforts have used footage from the rear camera, as it is fixed to the bike, using footage from my helmet camera is no good as I move my head, speeded up can be a little nauseating. Since I bought a new Contour Plus I have a "spare" Contour 1080p, which I thought about using in the car but I rarely drive theses days. I have only had the spare on my hybrid bike for two days as I tried different position's seeing what was watch-able. I did not use the spare camera today as I used my road bike and I could not be bothered to move the handlebar mount.

That may be the politic thing to say but isnt the reality that Mat should just put it down to experience. If it was reported to you every time 2 people squared up youd never have a minutes peace. If i was in that van drivers shoes and the police turned up on my door i woudnt be to impressed myself. I appreciate your good intentions but the police are duty bound to investigate complaints and in view of this maybe we shoudnt encourage people to go to the police over handbags type stuff (with all respeck to mat).

We deal with many things that are - simply put - a waste of our time. I wouldn't class Matthews job as this if it was reported to me. I'd much prefer to deal with him than try to explain the concept of 'lawful ejection' to an abusive, drunken yob without a makr on him claiming assault agains nightclub staff, or have to deal with a false report from a heavy drug user that they've had 300 quid stolen and need a crime number to get a crisis loan - when their benefits don't even stretch to this.

Matthews replies indicate that he was threatened by the mans behaviour. If you wish to report it mate, do so with a clear conscience.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"

:ohmy: Well i havent changed at all since I have had my camera. The fact is: Drivers in my area are not used to driving around cyclists. As I am the only one around the area, and the frequency that I go out, I am bound to come across many more bad driving incidents that in somewhere say London.

Top Bottom