Can someone help me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

apollo179

Just like I assured myself that I wouldnt come off my bike by going around a 90 degree corner at 25mph. And look what happened, I was in hospital for 4 days.

Yes dont put your mum through that again.
Anyway your van driver there is just what van drivers are like mat - i dont really see the harm myself. If your going to report all this kind of stiff youd better get a dedicated phone line put in straight through to Prestatyn police.
And also did the van driver "park up just so he could have a go at" you - wasnt he out of sight and you caught up with him ?

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Yes dont put your mum through that again.
Anyway your van driver there is just what van drivers are like mat - i dont really see the harm myself. If your going to report all this kind of stiff youd better get a dedicated phone line put in straight through to Prestatyn police.
And also did the van driver "park up just so he could have a go at" you - wasnt he out of sight and you caught up with him ?

He purposely parked up just so he could have a go at me. I saw him parking and in the vid, you can see him turning off his lights.
After he had satisfied himself, he got back into the van and passed me about 30 secs after (I purposely cycled in the gutter to avoid him).

apollo179

He purposely parked up just so he could have a go at me. I saw him parking and in the vid, you can see him turning off his lights.
After he had satisfied himself, he got back into the van and passed me about 30 secs after (I purposely cycled in the gutter to avoid him).

Ok accepting that he pulled up just to have a go at you then i would regard it in the perspective that he didnt do anyhting worse than he did - he didnt hit you and he didnt threaten to hit you with his van , he just blew off some steam. Not acceoable i know but hey there but for the grace of god etc etc. You wait till youve got a mortgage to pay and a nagging wife and your driving a shitty van for a living mat (hopefully you wont be but you get my point) and one day you may see the other side of the coin.
Anyway you did well to defuse the situation and if you think its worth reporting you know best. It might be good for him to have his unacceptable behaviour pointed out - who knows.
I also woudnt have let him out of the t junction btw.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Ok accepting that he pulled up just to have a go at you then i would regard it in the perspective that he didnt do anyhting worse than he did - he didnt hit you and he didnt threaten to hit you with his van , he just blew off some steam. Not acceoable i know but hey there but for the grace of god etc etc. You wait till youve got a mortgage to pay and a nagging wife and your driving a shitty van for a living mat (hopefully you wont be but you get my point) and one day you may see the other side of the coin.
Anyway you did well to defuse the situation and if you think its worth reporting you know best. It might be good for him to have his unacceptable behaviour pointed out - who knows.
I also woudnt have let him out of the t junction btw.

I would certainly hope that I am not a member of a gardening company with 3 staff. From making a career choice of being a civil engineer, I would be a bit confused if I was running a garden company, not a civil engineering company at his age (Late 30's).

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
So the van, using his mirrors and whilst driving at 30+mph anticipated every turn Matthew was going to make. One hell of a skill.

Watch the video again and watch the roads and how the second to last turn was always going to be a left one, wouldn't take a genius to work out where he was going.

Using your mirrors at +30mph is a pretty easy task, if you can't do that then you really shouldn't be on the roads.

boydj

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 1541754"]
Personally, I'd have moved over to let him pass. You had plenty of opportunities.
[/quote]

Personally, I would have let the guy out at the lights where he was waiting, effectively in the queue for the light, although he was not able to emerge from the side-street. I doubt if a motorist would have been rude enough to block him off like that. Squeezing in front of him then was what wound the guy up initially. Failing to let him pass was just adding insult to injury - as MP says, there was plenty of opportunity to do so.

apollo179

I would certainly hope that I am not a member of a gardening company with 3 staff. From making a career choice of being a civil engineer, I would be a bit confused if I was running a garden company, not a civil engineering company at his age (Late 30's).
You never know what fate has in store for you mat. (queue spooky music)

Hip Priest

Veteran

What's wrong with being a gardener? What's wrong with a company having only three staff? You're just being a snob now.

Top Bottom