Can someone help me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
There is a small group that originated from here that will do what they can to auction wreck , belittle my posts and generally attempt to be a pain in the butt- I guess it at lease fills there days up :smile:

I missed this auction bit and am suprised that some on here would do that, what a bunch of odious little sh*ts :angry:

Keep up the good work gaz

400bhp

Guru
There is a small group that originated from here that will do what they can to auction wreck , belittle my posts and generally attempt to be a pain in the butt- I guess it at lease fills there days up :smile:

Really?

:sad:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Riding in primary is a defencive position but also requires the rider to be able to maintain a respectable road speed.

RUBBISH!

I pointed out to you before that primary position is about keeping you safe and not the needs of other road users to get where they need to as quickly as possible. For example, if you are going up a steep hill and there is a pinch point approaching, do you a. keep in a secondar position but risk getting squashed and knocked over b. take a primary position and force other road users to slow down whilst you make your way through the hazard? Being excluded from riding in a safe position because you cycle too slowly is RIDICULOUS, espcailly from a cycling trainer.

I agree that staying in a primary position where it is not required can aggrovate other road users and is not advised BUT i don't see in this video where that happens. There are parked cars on either side of the road, the road narrows, the lane narrows, there is on coming traffic. The only safe place for the van driver to overtake is when he does so, and he would have got no further if he overtook sooner. I don't see the problem with him holding the position he does for the length of time he does.

apollo179

I have experienced a fair bit of name calling here myself and on occasions felt a bit surrounded , but that goes with the teritory of having some different opinions but auction wrecking and deliberate targeting are another thing entirely. I sympathise.
I do discuss/bicker with angel a bit - if it wernt for that id only have a postcount of 7. Im saddened to think i may have upset him.
Keep up the good work and good luck with the olympic torch.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
RUBBISH!

I pointed out to you before that primary position is about keeping you safe and not the needs of other road users to get where they need to as quickly as possible. For example, if you are going up a steep hill and there is a pinch point approaching, do you a. keep in a secondar position but risk getting squashed and knocked over b. take a primary position and force other road users to slow down whilst you make your way through the hazard? Being excluded from riding in a safe position because you cycle too slowly is RIDICULOUS, espcailly from a cycling trainer.

I agree that staying in a primary position where it is not required can aggrovate other road users and is not advised BUT i don't see in this video where that happens. There are parked cars on either side of the road, the road narrows, the lane narrows, there is on coming traffic. The only safe place for the van driver to overtake is when he does so, and he would have got no further if he overtook sooner. I don't see the problem with him holding the position he does for the length of time he does.

It is not rubbish at all and we are not talking about riding up hill. If you are holding primary on a flat stretch of average road I would expect a reasonable speed to be maintained.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Im saddened to think i may have upset him.

I doubt that, he seems fairly thick skinned. I have been trying for months :thumbsup:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well I have his address. ;)

Don't forget latex gloves, the ski mask, and a heavy d-lock if you see the fella :tongue:

Other option is find out where his regular gardens are and put loads of lawn feed onto all the lawns - will make life hard work for him. :thumbsup:

PS some folk are far too serious ! :biggrin:

PS As usual there are folk who are dragging the thread down. No doubt it will be locked or deleted soon.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
It is not rubbish at all and we are not talking about riding up hill. If you are holding primary on a flat stretch of average road I would expect a reasonable speed to be maintained.

We are only allowed to take primary for safety sakes if we can maintain a resonable speed?
What do cyclists do if they can't maintain a resonable speed? get squashed?

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Don't forget latex gloves, the ski mask, and a heavy d-lock if you see the fella

Other option is find out where his regular gardens are and put loads of lawn feed onto all the lawns - will make life hard work for him.

PS some folk are far too serious !

PS As usual there are folk who are dragging the thread down. No doubt it will be locked or deleted soon.

If you had d-locked the amount of people you had threatened to, you'd be picking up soap for a very very long time :smile:

Top Bottom