Can someone help me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I understand that, what I mean is, one could warn about things in a generic way "this is a public forum..... etc" rather than "some users of this forum seem to like to cause trouble". Maybe I'm being pinikity, just thinking about the image of the forum in a wider context and specific warnings about malicious forum users seems a bit strong in the negative :tongue:

Valid point. "How about this is a public forum with some nutters on it?"

apollo179

Valid point. "How about this is a public forum with some nutters on it?"

Plural ?
So beyond "GB155 and his ebay auction for example."
Do you have any other examples to substantiate "Some people on here however seem to get a kick out of stitching up others."
Other than this one isolated incident ?

apollo179

You mean like people who talk about going on a machine gun rampage for a bit of Urban cleansing you mean?

No.
I mean other than the 1 example do you have any other instances to substantiate your comment - "Some people on here however seem to get a kick out of stitching up others."

Its an important point - as has been pointed out it characterises the forum in a negative way.
I dont think your comment is accurate and i do not think it accurately reflects the forum.
However i may be wrong - if you do have more examples id be interested as im totally unaware of any such goings on.

adds21

Rider of bikes
I'm getting bored of all this bickering, again.

You're both arguing about something which should be common sense. It appears to be happening more and more around here.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
That's the thing about forward facing cameras, they do not show what is going on behind the wearer, it is assumption that it would have been safe to let the van out.

It was safe to let the van out. I had noone behind me. I was just concentrating on the car waiting at the lights because they had crosses the ASL. If I had known that I would be waiting at the lights for longer, I would have let him out because I wouldnt have got very far.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Plural ?
So beyond "GB155 and his ebay auction for example."
Do you have any other examples to substantiate "Some people on here however seem to get a kick out of stitching up others."
Other than this one isolated incident ?

With all due respect it's far from just auction wrecking that members and now former members have been causing me issues with, that said the mods are on it pretty darn quick when it happens on here and there is little they can do about the bully boys / haters when they target you on eBay etc

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
No.
I mean other than the 1 example do you have any other instances to substantiate your comment - "Some people on here however seem to get a kick out of stitching up others."

Its an important point - as has been pointed out it characterises the forum in a negative way.
I dont think your comment is accurate and i do not think it accurately reflects the forum.
However i may be wrong - if you do have more examples id be interested as im totally unaware of any such goings on.

As I say it may have been an isolated incident. However I have been warned about posting person information on here for that very reason. There are some nutters on this forum based upon their posts. Whether any would actually set about to harm another is debatable. We have the one instance of ebay tampering as evidence of maliciousness and warnings from others of this possibility as an indication of potential dangers.

If you feel otherwise post your phone number here.

apollo179

With all due respect it's far from just auction wrecking that members and now former members have been causing me issues with, that said the mods are on it pretty darn quick when it happens on here and there is little they can do about the bully boys / haters when they target you on eBay etc

Sorry to hear that. I dont know your personal circumstances but it is beyond me to understand why anybody would do anything like that.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Sorry to hear that. I dont know your personal circumstances but it is beyond me to understand why anybody would do anything like that.

There is a small group that originated from here that will do what they can to auction wreck , belittle my posts and generally attempt to be a pain in the butt- I guess it at lease fills there days up :smile:

apollo179

As I say it may have been an isolated incident. However I have been warned about posting person information on here for that very reason. There are some nutters on this forum based upon their posts. Whether any would actually set about to harm another is debatable. We have the one instance of ebay tampering as evidence of maliciousness and warnings from others of this possibility as an indication of potential dangers.

If you feel otherwise post your phone number here.

I dont know , maybe your right and there are some genuinely dangerous unpleasant people on the forum. It had not occured to me before.
Your not realy going to put me on your ignore list are you ?

Top Bottom