Can someone tell me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stu9

****THIS IS NOT A FOR SALE ADD****

If I'm asking to much as I've had a few chancers ect.....a month old Triban 5 as new ...350 (paid 450)

OP
OP
S

Stu9

Christ surely someone knows

jim55

Guru
yes ,too expensive ,people will just want a new bike (t3)for 300 ,thats what ur competing against,personally id advertise it for 320 and if u get an offer of 300 take it .,its a buyers market

jim55

Guru
yep ,well ,its a pisser but unless you wana hang onto it and maybe get more ,its the way it is ,i dont think ul get 350 ,and 150 in a month (doesnt matter ,could b a day )is 30% ish so thats the going rate,i appreciate you will get chancers who want it for silly money but id go with 300 (maybe ul b lucky and get a wee bit more but it is what it is ,why u selling anyway

vickster

Legendary Member
Stick it on eBay as a BIN with best offers and set the lowest acceptable limit. You'll pay 10% in fees though so consider that. Someone will pay it, do a 30 day auction. If it doesn't sell you just lose insertion fees

Unfortunately, you'll only get what someone looking to buy is prepared to pay...

Well knock 20% off as its 2nd hand so no VAT, no warranty either technically as that stays with original purchaser. So how about 225? At 350 you are looking at spesh allez money!

gavintc

Guru
I would not pay £350 for a 2nd hand bike that was £450 new. But, if you dont believe it, advertise at £350 and see what happens. Personally, I think you will get around £250.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I think unfortunately you won't get what it's worth to you unless you're very lucky with ebay bids. If you're shopping round for a new bike online and you aren't picky about the model its not that hard to find something like a 20-30% discount, brand new, with warranty.

So the only winners are stealers

Do you mean dealers, ie: bike retailers? If so then no, they sell their wares around the MRRP in order to continue trading, and the only people who pay for them are the ones that feel they are getting good value for money, which I presume is how you must have felt a month ago when you parted with £450.

The used market is not down to the retailers either, it's simply down to how much people are prepared to pay for something, and sadly with bikes it's not usually very much IME. The higher up the price scale you go the better it gets, but not immeasurably, and it can still be a right good kick in the goolies never the less.

Just curious, and you don't have to divulge, but why are you selling it so soon after purchase?

FYI and IME almost nothing depreciates like a bike, so don't think people are being harsh with you, they're just telling it how it is.

It's transferable
That's good. See if Decathlon will give you something in writing to prove that to a potential buyer, it could help your negotiations/advertising.

Top Bottom