Can using a zero off set seat post help me get a better fit for my frame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Brooks is not a good analogy. Those saddles adapt their shape to that of the user over time. Something a poorly fitting bike will not do.
facepalm-ernie.jpg

Personally, the first thing I set is saddle position in relation to bottom-bracket—that's height and set-back. Everything else flows from that.
This. @Saltash_sketchy, you've paid an exorbitant amount of money for a bike fit, don't throw it down drain by dicking with fundamentals following advice from strangers on the internet who haven't even seen you. If this was a sensible change, I'd hope your bike fitter would have suggested it, along with the tweaks to make to the fitting if you got one.

You can use a zero offset seatpost to adjust the fit of your bike if that is what you need. My legs seem to form an odd shaped triangle, higher than they are long. In the olden days I would have a custom frame made with a steep seatpost, but with a zero offset post I can place the saddle just where I like it to be on any standard frame.
The question is, do you need your seat position moved?

Lozz360

Veteran
I really don't think you will notice any difference at all in handling by swapping a 90mm stem for an 80mm.

Top Bottom