Can we have another for/against helmet argument on here or is there another forum for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
so is this one

watch_chains_009.jpg

Not at all, tho' it is in the wrong buttonhole.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
I wear a baseball Cap, a helmet or a Buff.

There is not a lot of point in arguing about it.
Quite so (and I wouldn't try to convince anyone they were wrong not to wear one) .... but for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would ever try to talk anyone else into not wearing theirs. In the last 3 years I have come off on ice twice and smacked my head on the ground hard both times, and I've also ridden under a small rock fall and had a couple of pebbles hit the top of my helmet quite hard. I am so glad I didn't let anyone talk me out of wearing mine.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Some newer CC members might not have experienced the joys of a for/against cycle helmet debate/argument.

Well, as Wittgenstein said, probably before he died, "I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves." Then again he also said "Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness." So in that spirit,

christ.jpg

religion is a pretty safe topic, right?

Last edited:

Tin Pot

Guru
Hark at him with his Christianophobia!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
We could argue about your lack of style?

A "Baseball cap"... The clue i in the name

One really has to report that to the Fashion Police

Lack of style???

What are you talking about?

image_zps94a52e07.jpg

imagejpg1_zps896f9424.jpg

We dont have fashion police in Denmark because individuality is encouraged. Ive not ironed anything for at least 12 years :0)

I would not talk anyone out of wearing any type of safety gear. But may not necessarily wear it myself.

Last edited:

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I can't work out whether the helmet was ejected from the rider's head before taking all that damage. It does look completely crushed after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom