Can you convince me to buy a bent trike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm just back from my first ride of 2010 and Boy was that good! I used the trike and in the first two miles came across several patches of ice which would have given me pause on a two wheeler. (justification 1!) Instead I did my usual 30 mile circuit down the Nith estuary in winter sunshine with skeins of Barnacle Geese, Waders, various Raptors. Brilliant! On a trike you can look around so much more. Even better than a bent two wheeler. (Justification 2)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Mine lives in a lockup across town. If I get the new one I'm hankering after, it might live with me, but getting it up the 2 flights of stairs might not work, even if it is light.

Road spray hasn't been a problem for me, although I haven't been riding it day in day out in all weathers.

The only time I've experienced a wet seat/puddling was on a day in the Borders when frankly, nothing would have stayed dry, as the rain was seemingly coming from all directions including upwards.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Mine lives in a lockup across town. If I get the new one I'm hankering after, it might live with me, but getting it up the 2 flights of stairs might not work, even if it is light.

Road spray hasn't been a problem for me, although I haven't been riding it day in day out in all weathers.

The only time I've experienced a wet seat/puddling was on a day in the Borders when frankly, nothing would have stayed dry, as the rain was seemingly coming from all directions including upwards.

Fiona N

Veteran
Storage - I got rid of the car so the garage is dedicated to bikes and trikes - and the turbo

Road spray - can be bad especially from trucks, and nasty on dirty roads e.g. after snow.

Rain & wet roads - I make a lot of my own outdoor gear so a 'bent-specific waterproof jacket has solved most of the problems. I find the spray from the front wheels hitting my forearms the most annoying on days when the road's wet but it's not raining so I don't need full waterproofs - a pair of waterproof 'overcuffs' has solved this problem.
I also made a pertex seat cover so my seat is never wet from being left outside or from being ridden in the rain (only from riding through too deep fords).

Trikes are just great fun - I'll be hanging on to my Windcheetah no matter what. Even when my balance is too bad for two wheels or my back too bad for uprights, I'll still be triking along xx(

Fiona N

Veteran
Storage - I got rid of the car so the garage is dedicated to bikes and trikes - and the turbo

Road spray - can be bad especially from trucks, and nasty on dirty roads e.g. after snow.

Rain & wet roads - I make a lot of my own outdoor gear so a 'bent-specific waterproof jacket has solved most of the problems. I find the spray from the front wheels hitting my forearms the most annoying on days when the road's wet but it's not raining so I don't need full waterproofs - a pair of waterproof 'overcuffs' has solved this problem.
I also made a pertex seat cover so my seat is never wet from being left outside or from being ridden in the rain (only from riding through too deep fords).

Trikes are just great fun - I'll be hanging on to my Windcheetah no matter what. Even when my balance is too bad for two wheels or my back too bad for uprights, I'll still be triking along :ohmy:

Fiona N

Veteran

Trikes are just great fun - I'll be hanging on to my Windcheetah no matter what. Even when my balance is too bad for two wheels or my back too bad for uprights, I'll still be triking along :biggrin:

n-ick

Get one ! get a good'un. Not one of those cheap taiwenese imports either. Ice are bringing out the 2010 range. Kevin at Dtek is excellent for the 2nd hand market.Hase delta trikes are super too, enough already!
Hopefully , welcome to the real world.

n-ick

Get one ! get a good'un. Not one of those cheap taiwenese imports either. Ice are bringing out the 2010 range. Kevin at Dtek is excellent for the 2nd hand market.Hase delta trikes are super too, enough already!

n-ick

trickletreat

Veteran
n-ick said:

Three guesses where the new Ice are made!:biggrin:

trickletreat

Veteran
n-ick said:

Three guesses where the new Ice are made!:ohmy:

trickletreat

Veteran
n-ick said:

Three guesses where the new Ice are made!:evil:

n-ick

Try Cornwall, have a look, there is a good Kett on Velovision small adds and a couple of catrikes for sale 2nd hand.
You will notice the price of ice, have a closer look!
Front suspension add on ; £405,
3 Marathon Supremes £120 plus postage. I got my Supremes from West country recumbents , £90 for 3 , post free.
http://icetrikes.co.uk/explore-our-trikes

n-ick

Try Cornwall, have a look, there is a good Kett on Velovision small adds and a couple of catrikes for sale 2nd hand.
You will notice the price of ice, have a closer look!
Front suspension add on ; £405,
3 Marathon Supremes £120 plus postage. I got my Supremes from West country recumbents , £90 for 3 , post free.
http://icetrikes.co.uk/explore-our-trikes

Top Bottom