Can you cycle in your house?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Following on from the footballer's house...

Can you cycle inside your house? I can't, I haven't got more than about 3 feet in any one direction that isn't blocked by furniture or stuff. I did know someone who lived in a converted church, and you could just about ride round the nave 'room' if you were good at tight turns.

I have a friend with a house that has a 'round and round' ground floor - with all the doors open, and narrow handlebars, you could maybe just about do a lap of the lounge, hall and kitchen...

Arch said:
Following on from the footballer's house...

Can you cycle inside your house? I can't, I haven't got more than about 3 feet in any one direction that isn't blocked by furniture or stuff. I did know someone who lived in a converted church, and you could just about ride round the nave 'room' if you were good at tight turns.

I have a friend with a house that has a 'round and round' ground floor - with all the doors open, and narrow handlebars, you could maybe just about do a lap of the lounge, hall and kitchen...

Ha, ha, haa, haa....ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, he, he, haaaa, haa.........

Sorry about that. I was thinking about the state of my house with toys and children splattered across the floor! :biggrin:

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
That's what a Turbo trainer's for. Cycle for miles and don't move an inch.

If I emptied all the furniture out of the living room I might be able to do some slow turns in it, but that's about it.

Not on my Penny, no.

I sometimes ride straight into my office if the rear door is open and there's a way through. And if I can track stand while I open my office door:biggrin:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I stayed recently in a hotel that was an old prison, it had four long corridors arranged around a quadrangle. Must admit I did bomb down a couple of the corridors on the road bike when nobody was about, it was fun and so much quicker than walking all the way.

I can ride from the street into my front garden, up the path and then into my house. If I moved the living room furniture around I could probably continue through the patio doors into the back garden. As it stands, I'd probably break things if I tried...

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Could when we were kids... living room went across whole fron of house, so through that, into hall, into kitchen and back to living room. My sis got a new bike once for her birthday, and it was raining, so she tried it out in the house! It was a small house, though, so couldn't get up any speed! :biggrin:

I can ride from the front door along the (long but narrow) corridor to the understairs cupboard where the bike lives. And if I could be bothered to carry the bike upstairs I could probably manage a lap of the living room if I was really careful, I'm pretty good at tight turns. Every time I have tried riding indoors the cat has taken exception to it and tried, and succeeded, in upsetting my balance.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
The words "Mrs 26x25" and "Tons of Bricks" come to mind if I tried. I do have one of those round and round ground floors but the narrow bit which is also stepped (chimney removed) between kitchen and dining room would be a challenge - I'd need to cut down the bars I think. But I reckon with all the furniture removed I'd be able to do it - after some practice.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
No, flat's too small for any riding not involving a turbo. Landlord has just demolished the shed too, I can barely walk to the crapper without tripping over a bike. With luck the new shed will be ready soon, although I guarantee it'll take a week before he gives me a key.

I've ridden my Brompton in the office before.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I probably could if I moved some stuff and got really good at bunny-hops.
Trouble is, if I got it wrong I'd be face-first in amongst the beams.

Top Bottom