Can you cycle in your house?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I visited a friend once in his new flat. His wife was out.

He'd just got this bright green, full suspension MTB. Possibly a Spesh FSR. Dead happy with it he was, so he did a demo.

Got on it and bunny hopped it right onto the sofa, then onto the arm and back off onto the floor.

By christ I was impressed.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From the Conservatory doors to the door in the living room is about 25 feet.. can get some good speed up too... but have to be careful of the dinner table and Henry's floor mat.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
palinurus said:
I visited a friend once in his new flat. His wife was out.

He'd just got this bright green, full suspension MTB. Possibly a Spesh FSR. Dead happy with it he was, so he did a demo.

Got on it and bunny hopped it right onto the sofa, then onto the arm and back off onto the floor.

By christ I was impressed.

Bloody hell, I would have been too!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I suspect I could on a folding bike ... with the shorter wheel base ... as I've got one of those houses where you can go around in a circle (very small one) if the floor wasn't covered in mess and half a ton of lego.

I can cycle from my gate to the shed, which is a couple of 90 degree turns and sharp 60 degree turn and a small steep slope ... usually aiming for not putting my foot down once ...

snakehips

The folding bike idea is a good one. We have a kids bike for small visitors to use. I amazed and delighted some small visitors last weekend by riding it up and down the garden , so I know I could do it.
And now would be a good time to try as the hall needs a new carpet and complete redecoration , so it wouldn't matter if I hit the walls on the bend half way along.
The only snag would be the few grands worth of new oak floor in the living room. What could I use to cover that ?

Snake

My Library

darkstar

I can (and have) ridden my bike around my parents home, only when it was brand new though! Uni house though? Well i've given it a go after a few drinks, not very successfully though.

Manonabike

Über Member
I have done that a couple of times but my wife gets all upset so it's not a clever thing to do. From the front door to the end of the dining room it's about 20 meters in a straight line.

Mille

Bizarre thread :-)

If I can get up the front step I can cycle through the hallway the lounge and the conservatory to the back garden and down the garden path, round the front to the front door - does that count?

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I could go in the front door, through the hall and kitchen out the back door and back round the path next to my flat to complete the loop. Clothes drier would stop me atm though,

GrasB

Veteran
Yeah, through the garage, into the utility room, then through the kitchen & out the back door up the path to the shed or vice-versa. Drives my girlfriend nuts when I do it but she just has to deal with it.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Now all my bikes are in the flat (still waiting for that new shed..) I guess I could finally learn to trackstand on the fixed commute bike.

Top Bottom