Can you deliver?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
I have two brand new Continental 27.5 x 2.2 XKing tyres for sale on FB for £20 the pair, we have had lots of enquiries every one wanting delivery free. No way am I driving a 70 mile round trip.

vickster

Legendary Member
Add a fiver to the sale price for post and send them

Venod

Eh up
Can't blame you, at that price they are a bargain for somebody, they should pay for delivery.

My son sold a large trampoline on FB, he was asked if he could deliver it, so he dismantled it put it all in his Quasqai 2+2 and when he got to the buyer they had changed there mind, he wasn't happy.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Can't blame you, at that price they are a bargain for somebody, they should pay for delivery.

My son sold a large trampoline on FB, he was asked if he could deliver it, so he dismantled it put it all in his Quasqai 2+2 and when he got to the buyer they had changed there mind, he wasn't happy.
Get them to pay the delivery cost first and make it clear that it's non-refundable.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
FBis as bad as fleabay for grabbers i have found, sold some bits on their just now and listed as collection only and everyone that won has asked for delivery

Dave7

Legendary Member
A friend of mine recently offered some bits foc........people wanted him to deliver.
He also sold an old car. Next day the guy phoned to complain that it had no brace. He had a spare so took it round.
Next day the guy phoned to complain it had run out of fuel. He put the phone down.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Consumers have been spoilt by free delivery from online businesses, they now expect it universally.

When online commerce first kicked off in the early-mid noughties, there were many arguments in businesses about charging for delivery. It was felt a delivery fee would be an impediment to growing the online business, and if you charged, and your rivals didn't, then you'd lose out.

Top Bottom