Can you force a council to maintain a cycle path?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Great to see some people taking things into their own hands. Get a couple of local cyclists involved and make short work of a big job.

mrseasons

I've always reported these things to the council through social media. Usually get a standard "we'll look into these for you" but gets done eventually.

classic33

Leg End Member
Great to see some people taking things into their own hands. Get a couple of local cyclists involved and make short work of a big job.
I didn't have to do anything other than ask permission from the council, having taken the slasher to show what I'd be using. They were out the following week clearing it.

snorri

Legendary Member
It just goes against the grain for me to do work that I have already paid the council to do. I might help to maintain the road network if other drivers did the same, but for the moment I will restrict my efforts to clearance of undesignated paths.
Lost my specs in some severe shrubbery on Tuesday whilst path clearing, never mind, that should keep the opticians bairns fed for a few weeks.

Drago

Legendary Member
Attach the to a bath for maximum comedic impact.

al3xsh

Über Member
Anyone know what the Cinder Track is like.It's the Scarborough to Whitby old railway line,Looking on out of date reports on Google it has mixed receptions.I am thinking of taking my mate with his new mountain bike ,i am worried at 73 it might be too much for him.

OT - but when I did part of it (Whitby to robin hood's bay) 3 years ago it was reasonably straightforward. I did it with my (then) 5 yr old on a tag a long and my wife had our two yr old in a trailer.

Alex

If you do end up taking the DIY route, I would recommend using a petrol brushcutter. Its essentially a strimmer with a metal cutter, I use one in my voluntary work. Full face mesh mask essential, and keep your mouth closed.

400bhp

Guru
Anyone know what the Cinder Track is like.It's the Scarborough to Whitby old railway line,Looking on out of date reports on Google it has mixed receptions.I am thinking of taking my mate with his new mountain bike ,i am worried at 73 it might be too much for him.

Good pal, did it two years ago.

Top Bottom