Can you help with my GCSE Resistant Materials Coursework Questionnaire??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shadders06

edit: THIS NEEDS TO BE COMPLETED BY WEDNESDAY NIGHT IF POSSIBLE PLEASE!

Hi everyone, I'm a RM student in the UK and wondered if people may be able to help with my coursework questionnaire?

I am planning to make a prototype portable bike stand that fits in a pannier bag, and helps with maintenance work when out and about. I plan to make it light yet sturdy so it is portable, but not useless when you want to use it. You may not want to damage the seat or handlebars in the process of turning the bike upside down. I have to collate responses on how I should design my product, taking the target market into consideration, and my thinking was that a cycling forum would be the perfect place for this.

I've attached a link to the Google forms page that I have created below this post. If people were able to fill it out then that would be amazing and a real help to me and my (hopefully high) grades. There is more info about this on the forms page.

Thanks for the help...
Liam

Forms link (click here)

Last edited:
@Shadders06
I understand you are in a rush but....
1. I am not inputting my email into a random form. You will automatically lose responses.
2. First question is about colour - makes me think is this person serious?
3. Third question uses materials I'm too dumb to understand. If you want to emphasise recycling then do that, don't bamboozle folk with terminology.

After that, there is not enough information given to decide on cost, joints etc.

It's clear you have a good idea in your mind what you want to do, but I don't. Therefore I can't really reply.
A bit more detail would help. Possibly diagrams, advantages & disadvantages.

Sorry I can't help more but good luck

Edit: you say there is more info on the form's page - not that I can see.

I don't think you will find many cyclists prepared to carry a bike stand around just in case they need to change a puncture. Most cyclists will find a way to support their bike whilst they are carrying out minor repairs (as I did this morning).
If more than minor repairs are needed then where will the tools be?
Sorry, but I'm not sure there will be a market for this.

OP
OP
Shadders06

Shadders06

I don't think you will find many cyclists prepared to carry and bike stand around just in case they need to change a puncture. Most cyclists will find a way to support their bike whilst they are carrying out minor repairs (as I did this morning).
If more than minor repairs are needed then where will the tools be?
Sorry, but I'm not sure there will be a market for this.
Hi, I never said I planned to produce it yet. It is simply a one off project for my gcse. I may produce it in the future, but not worldwide or for lots of other people.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
edit: THIS NEEDS TO BE COMPLETED BY WEDNESDAY NIGHT IF POSSIBLE PLEASE!

Hi everyone, I'm a RM student in the UK and wondered if people may be able to help with my coursework questionnaire?

I am planning to make a prototype portable bike stand that fits in a pannier bag, and helps with maintenance work when out and about. I plan to make it light yet sturdy so it is portable, but not useless when you want to use it. You may not want to damage the seat or handlebars in the process of turning the bike upside down. I have to collate responses on how I should design my product, taking the target market into consideration, and my thinking was that a cycling forum would be the perfect place for this.

I've attached a link to the Google forms page that I have created below this post. If people were able to fill it out then that would be amazing and a real help to me and my (hopefully high) grades. There is more info about this on the forms page.

Thanks for the help...
Liam

Forms link (click here)
Here you go, an idea that's been around almost as long as the bicycle itself:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Old...biw=1266&rlz=1C1CHBF_enGB892GB892&safe=active

But who is going to fit that to a modern bike unless....

OP
OP
Shadders06

Shadders06

@Shadders06
1. I am not inputting my email into a random form. You will automatically lose responses.
3. Third question uses materials I'm too dumb to understand. If you want to emphasise recycling then do that, don't bamboozle folk with terminology.

After that, there is not enough information given to decide on cost, joints etc.

It's clear you have a good idea in your mind what you want to do, but I don't. Therefore I can't really reply.

Unfortunately I can't really give any more information. I only started the project of my coursework 2 weeks ago and all the info I have been given about plans of my project have been stated above. I understand you don't have enough info, but annoyingly for me, I don't have any more info to give. Thanks for trying though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shadders06

Shadders06

@Shadders06

In response to your 2nd point, I'm a 14yr old kid, not someone who has been making questionnaires for years on end. It has been suggested by my teacher to ask things like that. If you don't want to answer that question, then none of the questions on the forms are marked as required, so you can answer the ones you wish.
Thanks

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
Hi,
I am a D.T. teacher. I would strongly suggest that you look at some of your questions and as they have mostly obvious answers you stop asking them as questions and rework them into the formation of your design considerations. E.g. asking a cyclist how heavy something should be is only going to get one answer so why not make it a consideration that it should be as light as possible? Ditto the size.
Likewise asking an end user about materials is a bit fruitless... this point will be for you to decide later when you have an idea re manufacturing methods.
Also have you found out if there is an actual need for the product?
Hope this is of some help to you.

OP
OP
Shadders06

Shadders06

Hi,
I am a D.T. teacher. I would strongly suggest that you look at some of your questions and as they have mostly obvious answers you stop asking them as questions and rework them into the formation of your design considerations. E.g. asking a cyclist how heavy something should be is only going to get one answer so why not make it a consideration that it should be as light as possible? Ditto the size.
Likewise asking an end user about materials is a bit fruitless... this point will be for you to decide later when you have an idea re manufacturing methods.
Also have you found out if there is an actual need for the product?
Hope this is of some help to you.
Thankyou! I'll definitely take this into consideration. Annoying thing is, what is on the questionnaire now is final, so I can't change it due to stuff with the exam board. Thanks again for the help!

OP
OP
Shadders06

Shadders06

Thank you to everyone who has given feedback on the forms page. I've received lots of it and it's really nice to see. My immediate thought about posting this GCSE project on here was that I'd get no help at all, but that was definetly wrong. All the feedback really helps and I'm very grateful.

Top Bottom