Can you name things that youngsters of today won't know?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE="Andy_R, post: 5047084, member: 15397". We have a Maritime climate in the UK due to the Gulf Stream, so we shouldn't actually see any snow. .[/QUOTE]
Which meteorological theory is that?

I think it needs working on.

Adam4868

Guru
Cocktail sticks with a small sausage, pineapple and cheese on it. Oh how we partied....
Keys in the ashtray,pampass grass ?

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Spare wheel carriers - just in case!

View attachment 385323
I remember using those - that looks like cyclo cross wheels being carried to the event. They were used to carry your best wheels to the start of the race - no driving to the start in those days, you cycled there, changed your wheels, raced, swopped wheels again and cycled home. Also useful for carrying your wheels to the bike shop to have the spokes re- tensioned.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
A compendium of games as a Christmas present.

Outside toilet blocks in the school playground.
Playing 2-ball against the back wall of the toilet block.
40 children in one class.
Going home for lunch.
The school tuckshop.
Long socks.

Those outside toilet blocks were _so_ cold, weren't they! Ours was split in two with the girls' door at one end, the boys' at t'other and a breeze block wall not quite up to the corrugated plastic roof in the middle, dividing the two. The school (which was a 2annahalf class village one) got an extension, including a staffroom and indoor toilets, whilst I was there - I remember burying a time capsule in the foundations. Mind, I've seen several classes of 40 in the past 10 years :sad:

Last edited:
Top Bottom