Can you name things that youngsters of today won't know?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Saw an old man in the newsagents today buying pipe tobacco and I was left thinking that there can't be many pipe smokers left any more (at least I don't see many) and I cannot recall the last time I seen someone use snuff.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I know of a college in Rotherham that shuts if snow is forecast. Every time. Whether it actually snows or not. :wacko:

Even if the snow is forecast for somewhere else!

Dave7

Legendary Member
Queuing outside a public phone box.
And asking "is that the operator on the line"..........then saying "you had better get off, there is a train coming"..........oh how funny we were then.

classic33

Leg End Member
Saw an old man in the newsagents today buying pipe tobacco and I was left thinking that there can't be many pipe smokers left any more (at least I don't see many) and I cannot recall the last time I seen someone use snuff.
Saturday. There's one or two shops still sell it.

As regards seeing pipe smokers, maybe they're moving onto e-pipes!
images-2.jpg

Last edited:
I thought this was a thread for things that the youth of today wouldn't know, not a thread to slag off the youth of today?

Socrates said:
The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I went to a Catholic primary school ... so extra mass with the other schoolkids on a Wednesday morning. If the service happened to be someone's funeral, a complete stranger had a bunch of schoolkids seeing them off

Top Bottom