Can you put out 2,600 watts ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fatjel

Veteran
I don't think my power meter goes above 500

Johnsco

Old Fettler
It counts as watt-minutes ... Not the same as watts.
Your electric meter records kW-H ...... kilowatt-hours .... a kilowatt being 1000 watts.
So - If you run a 2000 watt (2kW) electric fire for 2 hours, you have used 4 kilowatt-hours of electricity.
A watt is a unit of electric power.
A watt-hour is a unit of energy.
You are charged for the number of kW-H you have consumed.

I cant , the best real power I registered was around 1200 a few years back, on a few occasions before lockdown on my commute I could touch 1,000 sprinting up canning Town Flyover. My son who is a 2 times ex England and European Junior Power lift champion can hit 2,200 in the Gym on a wattbike. Now 28 and not competing he can still squat over 300kg and hes only 5ft 7. when he was a youngster he tried tried track cycling and was bloody good at it, however it did not float his boat and moved on to other sports. ( He regrets it now, no glory or money in power lifting)

Johnsco

Old Fettler
A couple of years ago, I joined in the power-cycling to keep the electrical power going for the band at our local apple-day festival.
The generator powered by one or two cycles charged up a large capacitor which provided a stabilised supply for the electronic equipment.
One cyclist pedaling constantly was enough to power the amplifiers and other gear.
We did about 10 minutes each in turns.
It takes a lot less power to run amplifiers that it does to power a hair-dryer or a kettle.
It shows how small our efforts are !!

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom