Can you put out 2,600 watts ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Scaleyback

Scaleyback

Veteran
Well, at 71 I hit 700 watts on Zwift, but that was in 2017. So at age 74 I only have 1900 watts to find :bicycle:

i-VWFmw5w.jpg

The most I've seen since I got a power meter is 899w. Just maybe (and a big maybe) when I was younger I might have been able to break 1000w, just I had no pm to record it :rolleyes: I certainly couldn't have broke 2500w, my mum's old Hoover couldn't have even broke that :laugh:

Big John

Guru
Some years ago now there was a British Cycling 'Come and try it' day, using Watt bikes, in a small Staffordshire town called Stone. Jamie Staff of British track cycling fame was the crowd puller. We were told at the time he had the record for power output on a Watt bike, which I believe was around 2400w. Members of the public were invited to have a go on these bikes and a few BC coaches were on hand to show everyone how to use them. I was a volunteer helper, as were many other folk from local cycling clubs. Basically I think BC were spying for talent but the whole event was well received by the public and we volunteers were also encouraged to see what we could produce on the Watt bike. One local lad kicked out 1400w (he was well known to us local club riders) and then Jamie Staff, dressed in t shirt and jeans, showed us what he could do. The 'effort' only lasted a few seconds but once the timer started he hit around 2400w and looked comfortable. He thanked the volunteers and coaches for their help and went off for a coffee with the event organiser. He kicked out three times what I managed 🤫

OP
OP
Scaleyback

Scaleyback

Veteran
I remember Jamie Staff, started out in BMX I believe and progressed to track sprinting and represented British cycling in the Athens and Beijing Olympics. Tremendous power. Recently been appointed by USA Cycling to manage their National Track Sprint program.
Read more Here

Top Bottom