Can you recommend a central London bikeshop for a service/repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

laertes

I commute to Holborn / Covent Garden border. My bike needs a good service, I am useless at these things. Evans want £170 ! There is a place on Lambs Conduit St called bikefix - anyone know it? Or there is a Bike Hire Repair shop near Waterloo that collects and delivers and does a service for £60. Anyone know any of these places, or somewhere else?

Cheers

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Bike fix is well known to some and they seem like good guys. I've never used them personally but have fired questions there way and they are always willing to help.

Cycle surgery in holburn? never used them but worth a look.

dondare

Über Member
You're never far from an FW Evans. I can personally recommend the one in Rathbone Place. What are they asking £170 for?

I stopped using Bikefix years ago but pehaps they're better now. But if you went in for a new part they'd tell you it wasn't worth it and try and sell you a new bike.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I wouldn't touch bikefix with a bargepole, having read some of the service reports I have on the internet. Perhaps they are not justified?

I commute to Holborn / Covent Garden border. My bike needs a good service, I am useless at these things. Evans want £170 ! There is a place on Lambs Conduit St called bikefix - anyone know it? Or there is a Bike Hire Repair shop near Waterloo that collects and delivers and does a service for £60. Anyone know any of these places, or somewhere else?

Cheers

Some of the London posse went to 'look mum no hands' in Old Street. They have a service place there - is it any good, you Sunday London riders in the know?
And laertes - you're not useless! It just takes time, a few errors along the way, and a touch of confidence building. Look on youtube or browse the bookshops for tips. Post in 'Know How' and gain an insight from all the kind folk on here. Soon you'll be polishing each link of your chain - like Ianrauk. :tongue:

anyuser

Über Member
I decided not to use Bikefix when they told me that as my aluminium bike was over 2 years old they wouldn't touch it as aluminium frames only had a lifespan of 2 years max. I only wanted the BB shell threads cleaned up.

OP
OP
L

laertes

Thanks all.

Aperitif, your confidence is touching, but if you saw me in action you'd cry. Eleven thumbs doesnt begin to describe it. I have been on courses, I have tried hard, but all I can do is change an inner tube (cannot actually fix a punc) and have sometimes managed to change brake pads.

- Baz -

Have you looked for mobile bike mechanics? Surely there must be a few in London? I've used two different (and excellent) guys in Manchester that will do whatever you want - including a full service - at your work place. Cheap too.

Top Bottom