Can you sleep with your bike on a ferry?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Slightly off-topic. Take two lengths of thin (say 3mm diameter) nylon cord, about eighteen inches long. Some of the bike racks have a hook for each handlebar which suits straight barred bikes. If you have drops, they don't fit so well, hence bring some cord to secure your steed onto the hooks.

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Like here.....

View attachment 365341

I left the Rourke with all the kit on too without issue -just took bar bag with valuables up with me.
That looks like the Dover-Dunkirk ferries I've used. The Harwich-Hook ones I've used are rather more industrial, like crowd-control fences. Not the handlebar hangers that I'd seen photos of.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
More geekery. Here are the bike racks on the Stena Britannica which does the overnight trips back from The Hook. Bits of cord are handy for these.
IMG_2718.JPG

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
We need an expert opinion from @Salty seadog!

*expert opinion*

I only puddle jump across the channel, no time for passengers to sleep Dover-Calais. No passenger cabins. I would imagine if you asked on the North sea route the answer would be no but as said previously only deck crew would be on the car decks at sea for maintenance etc....

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Thank you everyone. I dare say my bike will be the least nickable one there anyway!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
There isn't that much room in the cabins anyway so two bikes would really be in the way and I can't imagine they'd let you take them up as you'd be a serious pain in the arse during loading and unloading not to mention an obstruction in an emergency. As said by others, never had a problem leaving my bike on the car deck, there's even a nice litespeed in FF's photo.
Indeed there is. It's mine.

Top Bottom