Can you sleep with your bike on a ferry?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Well at least from a purely mechanical perspective I'm ready for this trip.

brakrock.jpg

I'll take the Gamins off the handlebars before I leave the bike on the car deck :smile:

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
IMG_1542.JPG

Well that was all fine :smile:

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
The Ti bike is a lynskey frame and a bunch of other stuff. Its on its maiden voyage. It's not mine.

Mine is the shagged bike behind it. I just had to get the crank tightened. The Dutch fella in the bike shop couldn't believe my bike had made it so far.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
We made it. Oh my Holland was windy. I've just done the slowest average ever for a 90 miles ride :smile:
Well done but I've a 90 mile ride across the fens where the winds kept spinning to face us and I crocked myself with 25 miles to go which would probably "beat" it. Flatland cycling can be hard when the weather's against you!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Just returning partly to the original point. I've never seen the rather posh racks posted on here. The ferries I've used just stacked bikes in a corner leant against each other.

My worry is damage, scratches etc. Before boarding I find a local B&Q or similar, buy some pipe insulation, cut to fit and push it on to the frame. Ditch the stuff on the other side.

Now I am worried about myself, cos I never worry much about the bike paint work, I worry about silly things like other people bike pedals getting caught in the wheels etc, mind when you have done long haul tours where the bike has been carried on top of buses, hauled aboard local passenger ferries and trains and all the other handling it get. a few scratches are least of the problem.

classic33

Leg End Member
Name names!
I've only experienced poor bike stowage on the short lived Rosyth- Zeebrugge service which went on my black list immediately following my first use of the service.
Stena, Irish Ferries & some DFDS vessels.

Top Bottom