canals, walkers and bell tinklers...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
simoncc said:
I pass loads of riders and have seen many prancing dancing randomly all over the carriageway, as a result of me creeping cautiously past on my bike

Well, I've seen that happen with pedestrians when I past them on a bike, no matter how many times I say 'excuse me', so let's ban them as well.

If you are 'creeping' past, that's your problem. As has been said, many times on here, the best thing to do is alert the rider and horse with a gentle hello from some way away. 'Creeping' up on them is the sort of thing predators do.

If a rider then takes umbrage at you, I suspect it's because they are very perceptive, and have you down straight away for the moany git you are...

(Mental image of Victor Meldrew, although, for some reason, with a combover hairstyle)

simonali

Guru
gambatte said:
Thinking about it, I’d like to see a lot more sheep and cattle farmers. Droving animals along the road, between fields and to milking etc. That’s where many of the roads actually came from and possibly what’s actually required, not banning horses.

Lets get more animals on the road. That way other road users will get more used to seeing them and be better equipped, mentally, to deal with them.

Anyone up for organising the first ‘Critical Moos’?

Top idea. I love cleaning cow sh1t off my bike! ;)

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
simonali said:
Top idea. I love cleaning cow sh1t off my bike!

You do?

Pop round ours on a Sunday, I've got a regularly crap covered MTB that could do with a washdown. It'll save me an hour!

Top Bottom