Scotland : Kingdom of Fife #CANCELLED# Drawing the Dugs Heid - Sunday 3 May, 10am Start

Which Day Would You Prefer?

• Saturday 2 May

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Sunday 3 May

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Too kind! Well apart from those who wish to burn me......... :eek:

One of my favourite mid length rides is the Tay loop, or the Tour De Tay. Basically goes all the way around the Tay and can be done clockwise or anti clockwise. I would have gone up that climb on a clockwise ride. It is a little steep at parts and grinds on a bit but it is not that bad.

I have frequented quite a few segments over that way i think. Maybe even made better than 12th! ;)

Beautiful part of the country! Especially nice on a clear day.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru

One of my favourite mid length rides is the Tay loop, or the Tour De Tay. Basically goes all the way around the Tay and can be done clockwise or anti clockwise. I would have gone up that climb on a clockwise ride. It is a little steep at parts and grinds on a bit but it is not that bad.

I have frequented quite a few segments over that way i think. Maybe even made better than 12th! ;)

We did that last year guided by the irrepressible @Edwardoka - 90k Around the Tay in a clockwise direction. That was my one and only 200k ride to date having ridden to/from the start. Once you get over that climb it is a nice run down to Newburgh and the cafe stop at the garage - bit lumpy going in the other direction mind.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013

wind can be a killer...i done a tour de tay loop last year, went anti clockwise and the wind destroyed me all the way from Invergowrie to Glencarse, it was flat but when the wind is really against you it can be worse than tough climbs, Strava didn't pick me up going up that steep climb at Glencarse....As you can see i got a wee bit lost in Errol

https://www.strava.com/activities/186492300

Last edited:
wind can be a killer...i done a tour de tay loop last year, went clockwise and the wind destroyed me all the way from Invergowrie to Glencarse, it was flat but when the wind is really against you it can be worse than tough climbs, Strava didn't pick me up going up that steep climb at Glencarse....As you can see i got a wee bit lost in Errol

https://www.strava.com/activities/186492300
Good effort though mate. The wind is a real killer out here but good training! ;-)

I think you did get that climb. It's "Glencarse from the Junction". Steep! I'm on the leaderboard somewhere........ :whistle:

Can you put me down as a maybe. Sunday 3rd May would be my preferred date.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Added @ska1903 and @arranandy to the list of possible - I'm ambivilant about the day, Sunday may be preferrable for traffic so could make it a later start time, though would need to check on cafe opening times. Could those needing trains let me know how early they could get to the Forth Bridge (or as near as) on a Sunday? Cheers.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Train to Alloa straight from Glasgow and cycle to the start with me

Hmmm, earliest train on a Sunday for @Harry_Palmer79 is at 10:15 so not even getting to Alloa until 11:07 - more choice on the Saturday but would mean a VERY early start to set off at 8am... though there is a 07:18 from Glasgow that gets in 08:18 Alloa so would probably mean a 09:30 start (Saturday) at the earliest.

Earliest Gla-Edin train on a Sunday is 08:50, still a ways from the start - on a Saturday the 07:00 gets you in at 07:55 then train to Dalmeny/North Q'ferry.

Thoughts???

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I can take me plus 2 from linlithgow or larbert station,No point going to Alloa when train passes by me in Larbert from Glasgow. Adding 20 odd miles each way cycling to start of a 120 mile ride is unnecessary

Ed - 835 at nq could be getting off at inverkeithing instead and we would get you as we approached.you ain't getting out

Top Bottom