Scotland : Kingdom of Fife #CANCELLED# Drawing the Dugs Heid - Sunday 3 May, 10am Start

Which Day Would You Prefer?

• Saturday 2 May

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Sunday 3 May

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
Calling all ye Loons and Quens of CC Ecosseshire

Following on from a very brief straw poll it has been decreed that on Sunday 3 May we will be Drawing the Dugs Heid - a trip round the Fife coast road, approx 180k (112 Miles in old money). This gives options to ride start to finish, dip in and out along the route or even extend to a 200k ride should you so desire!

TIME: 10am at Ferrytoll Park and Ride, Inverkeithing As it is a long ride I propose an early start, say 8am at or near the Forth Road Bridge (depending who is coming) and also to avoid the worst of the traffic in the more urban areas of Southern Fife - parking is available on either the North or South side of the bridge;

PACE: probably somewhere between 14-16mph, depending on attendees, weather, mechanicals, etc - as I will be using this as prep for Etape Caledonia and due to the distance I would say this is NOT suitable as a beginners ride, though I will ensure "no-one gets left behind" as per the CCE mantra;

HILLS: nothing of significant note on the ride to St Andrews but it can get quite "lumpy" on the north side;

STOPS: For such a long route I propose 3 cafe stops: Elie (Harbour House/The Pavilion), St Andrews (ice cream at Janettas), and Newburgh (cafe at the garage);

DATE: Sunday 3 May;

BIKE: Any bike will do so long as it is servicable and you bring adequate spare inner tubes, etc. I'll be on the lightest road bike I can find!

Names below please, any questions just ask!

DEFINITES
@Fubar
@ShooglyDougie
@tug benson
@Louch
@Mr_Grieve (part-route)
@Edwardoka
@ska1903

INTERESTED/POSSIBLES/PART ROUTE/CAN'T MAKE THEIR MINDS UP
@Mad Doug Biker
@Morin
@Harry_Palmer79

Last edited:

Col5632

Guru
I'm keeping my eye on this thread as I might get 'some' time to join you guys even if I peel off earlier but it is looking more like a no go for me :cry:

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
this suit me perfect, i'll be using it a pre 3 pistes ride..Last year when i done it the biggest problem i had wasn't the amount of climbing(even though they destroyed me) it was that i didn't do a couple of century rides before the sportive so this rides is bang on the money for me..

Top Bottom